Question

Customizing Lists

Hey Folks,

I am having some difficulties customizing somethings on lists (either section lists or details lists). So my issues are as follow, please answer even if you dont know all the items :):)  Will help me a lot ;)

1) When in TILE VIEW mode, how do I define how to order the list? I have a date column and I would like it to be the order parameter

2) I have seen some examples (the default Contact Section that comes with Studio) where in the TITLE VIEW a picture of the contact is shown, or even the logo of company etc. How do I make that? I got to configure it in the page for edition, so I there can define a picture for my Students, but I can't find a way to show it also in the section list.

3) One of the columns of my object store html code, so when I show it in the Tile View, the html vanishes :(:(  and only the plain text (no html tags) is shown... Is there a way to show it as a html content?

4) Where are the definitions of the lists stored? I tried to find it in the schemas but there is no object defining it. Is it in the database? If so, does anyone know in which table?

Thank you very very much!

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Joao,

1. To define the order in the list while in tile view you need to click on the View button at the top right corner of the screen and choose 'Sort by'. You can sort the records by any column that is displayed in the view. 

2. The functionality to display the image/logo in the grid is hard-coded and, unfortunately, unavailable for the custom sections. You can create a custom field on the page using the company logo from the accounts as an example and then display it in the grid. Please note that this task requires major development skills. 

3. The content of the field is processed by the base control and thus the control should be overwritten in order for the html code to be displayed with the tags. This is the major change that might influence thre system a lot and we recommend to test the development on the application copy first. 

4. The definitions of the lists are stored in GridViewModule generator. 

Lisa

Show all comments