New detail on a record, only accept add records, I need to avoid duplication implement Add New / Add Existing

Is there any way to implement on a Detail Group when the user wants to Add a new record the option to choose between Add Existing & Add New?

Somethink Like when you want to add a user to a department/functional role, of course must be an add existin & add new options, I want to implemet the same on some of my details, but dont' know how

Some ideas, samples?

Thanks in advance

Like 0

5 comments

I think this is is MUST BE on bpm'online, so to avoid data duplication, for example if you're on Accounts Module and want to add a Contact, always add a new one, if it existing, bpm'online don't care about this and create a duplicate record with the obvious problems. :-(

Dear Julio, please open the code of the UsersDetailV2 schema and find how to create the functionality. All of the code is in the schema so it won't be hard to find the solution.

The fact that the functionality is missing in bpm'online is a great opportunity for you as the partner. Please feel free to create a marketplace application that will provide the described functionality.

Hi all, some body had idea how to solve this? I understand it must be a MUST HAVE, what do you think?

Julio.Falcon_Nodos,

Hello Julio,

As was mentioned previously, such functionality cannot be achieved with basic system tools but with a help of additional development. 

We have registered a query for our responsible R&D team to consider implementing such functionality in the upcoming releases, but as of now there is no ETA. 

I will assign this case to mentioned project to increase it's priority. 

Best regards,

Anastasiia

Show all comments