Question

Forcing data update

Is it possible to force update of database tables with records from data packages? I would like make my database to reflect what is in data packages for tables that have data packages associated with them.

Like 0

5 comments

Set instalation type = Update existing and check column [Forced update]

[Update existing] - when updating a package, only those object columns that are marked with [Required for update] ([Forced update]) in the [Columns] group will be updated. This type of installation is used, for example, when delivering hotfix updates!

And how can I automatically delete records that are not in the data package? Let's say I have a list of car models and this list has changed completely. I delete old records and add new ones on my development environment. Then I update my data package that stores car models. Now I want my changes to appear in the testing environments but while the new records are added as expected, the old car models are not deleted.

For these purposes, create a sql script and set the database type and installation type. (For examples see DeleteAllSettingsFolderMSSql from UIv2 in configuration tab Sql scripts)

Grigoriy,

Hi Grigoriy,

Is it possible for the sql script to run automatically? or do I need to run it?

Thanks,

Raz

Hello Raz,

If I understood your question correctly, we'd suggest running the needed scripts manually but also you can try to create SQL triggers for starting those scripts automatically.

Best regards,

Roman

Show all comments