How to display datalist in email template

Hello all,

How to display Data List in Email Template ? i used bpm ver. 7.12

Thanks

Like 0

8 comments

Dear Vidya,

Since templates are based on HTML you can use HTML coding to form the template as you want. Below you may find more information about tables and lists in HTML:

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp

To add HTML code to your template go to template designer -> HTML code (http://prntscr.com/m1ir8g)

Best regards,

Angela

Dear Angela,

I means how to retrieve looping a data from multiple row data to email template, maybe this picture can describe what i want...

That section show 6 row data, and than i want to show that all data in email template.. and configuration email template :

But the result is only last record showed in email. please advise...

vidya.dharma,

Hello,

We can recommend you to setup a printable with the data from a detail and then send it with the help of a business process. The example of the implementation is described below:

https://community.bpmonline.com/articles/generate-printable-and-send-it…

You can modify the process ,so it meets your requirements.

Best regards,

Matt

Hi everyone,

Vidya question is very important to us... and for most of the cases, a printable it's not the solution. Can you give us some more tips on HTML?

@vidya.dharma - did you find another solution?

Thanks,

Luis

luis.goncalves@imdigital.pt,

You can implement you business task by the means of business process. The idea is to add read data elements, which would retrieve needed data from particular records. Afterwards, use “send email” business element to combine data into email and send it. You can add a button on the section, or action to trigger the process. 

Please see the following article. You can use this example to select needed records and pass this info to business process to send email.

https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-13/how-add-section-action-handling-selection-several-records

Regards, 

Anastasia

luis.goncalves@imdigital.pt,

One other way, although it's a bit more complicated, is by using a custom macro (https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-13/adding-macro-h…).

For example, I made this a while back to show a filtered list of products on an order; the HTML is very simple, as it was a demonstration, but that can easily be edited with CSS as necessary.  You can see that 'arguments' is passed the record ID if you link the template to a record; the macro is then called by including [#@Invoke.UsrEmailProducts#] in your template.

namespace Terrasoft.Configuration
{
	using System;
	using Terrasoft;
	using Terrasoft.Common;
	using Terrasoft.Core;
	using Terrasoft.Core.Entities;
	using Terrasoft.Core.DB;
	using Newtonsoft.Json;

public class UsrEmailProducts : IMacrosInvokable
    {
        public UserConnection UserConnection {
            get;
            set;
        }
        public string GetMacrosValue(object arguments) {
        	var sjson = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(arguments);
        	var templ = new {Key = String.Empty, Value = String.Empty};
        	var args = JsonConvert.DeserializeAnonymousType(sjson, templ);
        	var orderId = args.Value;
        	var esq = new EntitySchemaQuery(UserConnection.EntitySchemaManager, "OrderProduct");
            var colCode = esq.AddColumn("Product.Code");
            var colDescription = esq.AddColumn("Product.Name");
            var colQty = esq.AddColumn("Quantity");
            var colSpecs = esq.AddColumn("UsrSpecifications");
            var colColour = esq.AddColumn("UsrColour");
            var OrderFilter = esq.CreateFilterWithParameters(
			    FilterComparisonType.Equal, "Order", orderId);
			var ModifiedFilter = esq.CreateFilterWithParameters(
			    FilterComparisonType.Equal, "UsrModified", true);
            esq.Filters.LogicalOperation = LogicalOperationStrict.And;
            esq.Filters.Add(OrderFilter);
            esq.Filters.Add(ModifiedFilter);
            EntityCollection entities = esq.GetEntityCollection(UserConnection);
            var html = "<table><tr><td>Code</td><td>Description</td><td>Quantity</td><td>Specifications</td><td>Colour</td></tr>";
            foreach (Entity entity in entities) {
            	html += "<tr>";
            	html += "<td>" + entity.GetColumnValue(colCode.Name).ToString() + "</td>";
            	html += "<td>" + entity.GetColumnValue(colDescription.Name).ToString() + "</td>";
            	html += "<td>" + entity.GetColumnValue(colQty.Name).ToString() + "</td>";
            	html += "<td>" + entity.GetColumnValue(colSpecs.Name).ToString() + "</td>";
            	html += "<td>" + entity.GetColumnValue(colColour.Name).ToString() + "</td>";
            	html += "</tr>";
            }
            html += "</table>";
            return html;
        }
    }
}

Edit: All the </> should be proper lt/gt characters, that's just the forum software replacing them.

Hi Darian Lewis,

I'm working together with Luis Gonçalves, and we finally had some time to test your sugestion.

It is actually working perfectly, the table is created in the email in the context of the record ID and there isn't even any need to replace the "</&gt".

Thank you very much.

I've got one more question for you: this works fine if I start an email from the Case and the ID is passed perfectly.

But if I try to reply to an email that was sent by a costumer and the email is linked with that same Case. Then the conection does not work and the recordID is not retrieved. Any idea how I could make the conection between the macro and the case that is linked with the email that I'm replying to?

Once again thanks for the help.

Luis

Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

I'm afraid that's more of a back-end BPM thing; to the best of my knowledge, the 'arguments' argument ought to hold the current record, but as I'm not a BPM employee, I don't know what the mechanics behind it are.  It may be that the 'current record' when you're replying to an email is the Activity object representing the email instead of the Case object, but that's just a guess.  I don't know to what extent you're comfortable with the code, but have you tried temporarily returning the contents of the arguments variable (instead of the table) to see what's being passed in?

Show all comments