Question

Duplicate search rule for contact

Hi,

Added a new duplicate search rule.

Duplicate search rule is executing while running duplicate search rule from action button

But img_1 is not displaying after saving contact

I have enabled "Use this rule on Save"  in Setup Duplicate rules.

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Akshaya Gajendran,

The basic rule that performs the required function is called 'Contact duplicates. Contact name' not 'Contact duplicates.FnLn'. The reason why you do not receive the automatic pop-up window when saving a new duplicate contact is that you, most likely, added separate 'First' and 'Last name' fields on the minipage. The thing is that the system indexing the duplicate records by the Full name field. If you create a contact by adding the first and the last name separately, the duplicate search rule will not work. If you want the system to search for duplicates by the first and the last names separately,  you will need to create a custom search rule and set up the required conditions based on the following article

https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-13/adding-duplicate-search-rule

Best regards,

Dean

Hi,Team

I added a new field (Date of Registration) to the contact object and included it in the contact mini page. I implemented a duplication rule as instructed by you using the reference article. I am still not able to see the automatic warning page as soon as I click on "Save" for a duplicate row. I have to manually run the duplication rules from the action buttons menu for it to appear in the duplicates page. Is there a way of achieving this for custom columns automatically on click of "Save"? I also tried exploring this further in the "deduplication" package. The "tsp_FindDuplicate" stored procedure looked interesting. I would guess that we would have to process the "@xmlRows" parameter additionally for the custom fields that we include. But, what I was unsure was if the BPM'Online C# logic that calls this stored procedure, passes the entire object with all its columns as the serialized xml input? Please confirm

Akshaya Gajendran,

Hello Ashaya,

Basically if you added new duplicate search rule by following the article: 

https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-13/adding-duplica…

It should work in appropriate way. There is some ways how you can try to resolve the issue by yourself: check if all actions from the article was performed once again, relogin and flush the redis.

If the issue will persist after that please email us to support@bpmonline.com.

Best regards,

Alex

Show all comments