Question

Transferring Packages Without Repository

Hello, I'm trying to figure this out since I potentially might not have access to a dev environment or repository with upcoming clients.

The main issue is that there is seemingly no way to just create a new package outside of the Custom folder so I can export that and install it as an application on the other installation. Trying to transfer files from Custom to a new package folder does not work either.

Like 0

3 comments

Hello, 

Have you tried the Bpmcli command line utility? It's available on GitHub. The “pull-pkg” command enables loading a package from the site to a local developer file system. You can transfer all changes made in wizards to a local file system for further modifications / registering in the version control system. This command also enables you to get package archives for further distribution to other environments.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Kirill Potapkin,

This is likely not going to work for me. My version and the clients version will not be on the same system or network. I need a way to download files from my back end, and get them to their potentially in a USB.

Hello nickF,

Basically, you always can download repository to your local machine or, for example usb drive as .gz archive. Just choose the package in the configuration and then choose export as file option in left menu.

After you have a file with your package you will be able to install it on the other site via configuration or installed applications section http://prntscr.com/n1elvf in system designer. I recommend to install it as application because in this case the system will automatically create backup and changes will be discarded if something will be wrong.

Regards,

Alex

Show all comments