Data Binding requirements for Package deployment from Development to Test

Hi team

I need help in transferring my application package from Development to Test.

I am getting errors and the Application install from Zip file fails. The error relates to Data Binding.

This is my first application that I have configured and customised on bpm online studio. I see in configuration part, the system creates different data binding objects.

I created data bindings for my lookup contents and lookup objects.

What I need help with is to know: List of the objects I need to create data bindings for and what system carry's over as default.

For example:

The system properties, operation properties. Do I need to Data Bind the object and the property.

The Dashboards/Charts in custom sections etc

I have installed the Data Binding tool available on the bpm online market place

Like 1

8 comments

Hi Can anyone provide a little help please . thank you...

Hi!

In general, if an object you created or modified contains data in it data from this object must be binded to a package. For example if you created new lookup field data from this field must be transferred. This also includes new sections, details, system settings. This article can be useful for you: https://community.bpmonline.com/articles/detailed-description-system-tables-and-tips-their-data-binding. If you made any changes in section wizard, data from SysModuleEdit, SysSchemas and SysModuleEntity tables must be included as well. Usually error in the logs points what data is missing and it can be easily tracked and fixed. 

Best regards,

Angela

Thank you Angela. The article is very good and has provided me some answers regarding what should be included in data binding when deploying packages.

I am assuming I can remove all existing data bindings in Data tab and follow the article to add the data bindings again.

Are you able to provide clarification on the following:

I added some data bindings but there are quite a few I did not added (system added and I noticed it has some of the custom objects I created and then deleted from the package). If I delete all data bindings and then run compile all function would the required system data bindings will get added by system and I would only need to add the custom objects as per the document link you provided.

Thank you 

Waseem

Waseem Ishaq,

I would not recommend deleting anything from there unless you understand what data will be deleted and how it will affect the package. As I already mentioned, investigate installation logs - they must have data about missing values. 

Best regards,

Angela

Angela Reyes,

Thank you Angela. The log points to SysAdminUnitInWorkplace object with 6 Errors. Please see one of the Error text below.

2019-04-25 04:43:06,999 Error occurred while installing data "WiSysWorkplaceAdminUnits_41b796040a924d7188a062308589a57b" in package "Jobs". UId 5d313e72-174e-4068-a8d5-2308aa4365be: The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKmlE1TzlpVsXTth5hSlvtUUtQ". The conflict occurred in database "test-campbellcorporateservices", table "dbo.SysAdminUnit", column 'Id'.

The statement has been terminated.

UPDATE [dbo].[SysAdminUnitInWorkplace] WITH(ROWLOCK)

SET

[ModifiedOn] = CONVERT(DATETIME, '2019-04-25 04:43:06.983', 121),

[ModifiedById] = '{410006E1-CA4E-4502-A9EC-E54D922D2C00}',

[SysWorkplaceId] = '{79770671-CDE2-4C0F-9078-A4FF68703DEF}',

[SysAdminUnitId] = '{CBD52603-2DD9-49E7-8F5B-9B7A5175558B}'

WHERE

[Id] = '{BB55A2E0-5747-4758-92EA-3FD87C561859}'

Waseem Ishaq,

From the error I can see that when the system tries to update 

SysAdminUnitInWorkplace it cannot do it because of some FK exception. To investigate why it happened search for all elements of the error message in the DB. It looks like that something from SysAdminUnit table is missing - it can be role or user.

Hi Angela

Thank you for your assistance I have successfully deployed the application to test.

My initial testing reveals I did not package Dashboards and Word Printables? Any suggestion..

How do I Bind Dashboards and Word Printables.

Thank tou Waseem Ishaq

Waseem Ishaq,

You can use 

https://marketplace.bpmonline.com/app/data-binding-tool application to bind data from daschoards and printables to you package. Just use "Bind data" button on the sections you want to bind. 

Show all comments