Service Case - Last Modified Conditions

Hi,

We are using the last Modified value as a filter on our dashboards and notifications as a method to provide visibility of cases that have not been updated in x days. This is to ensure that our support reps are updating the cases on a regular basis.

What I have found is that not all actions cause this value to be updated. For example, sending an email or recording a call activity, does not update the value. These types of actions do not always require the status to be changed and this then means the visibility of activity is not accurate.

Am I doing something wrong in the method used to identify cases that are not being updated regularly enough or is this a feature request to make such activities update this date/time value?

thanks

Mark

Like 0

5 comments

Hello Mark,

I am 100 percents sure that you've set display options in such a way that only "Modified on" date directly from "Case" object declares the resulted list. And you were right when saying that new calls or emails or feed notification will not update case record. It happens since those actions are inserts to other system objects. Here is the screenshot of display options conditions that includes - new emails, new calls and new notifications on cases http://prntscr.com/nr25fv. The only thing you need to do is to adjust needed date to this filter ( and also change all time conditions from "Modified on" to "Created on" since new records are created like new calls or emails). If you create a filter in such a way http://prntscr.com/nr2fps it will only include modifications of fields present on the case record page (like SLA or Account or Resolution time), but it won't take into a count new emails or calls. But with the help of my filter you will be able to see more changes applied to case record.

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Hi Oscar,

Thanks so much for your reply. I will give this a test tomorrow, but it looks like this will achieve what is required!

Mark

Hi Oscar,

Sorry, but I wondered if you could assist with the date logic, as I am not getting the expected results I am looking for. I used your above filters, which extends the filter to the activity types I want, but the filter to create a Modified on is greater than 48 hours is not working.

I believed the use of Previous Hours or Previous Days would be the right option, but using Modified on >= Previous Days 2 does not filter in such a way. How can I apply such a filter?

The screenshot here shows the configuration, where the first section appears to work, but the other 2 do not.

thanks

Mark

Mark Roberts,

Please change "Modified On" to "Created On" in those two other blocks. We create new records in those object, not updating them and that's why we don't get any results from those two other blocks in this filter. I've mentioned it in my first reply, please double check it.

Best regards,

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

Apologies, I missed that aspect from your reply.

I have created the following query, but again this does not work, where this needs to be an AND statement, as I am looking for cases with NO activity on either email, status, call etc. for more than 48 hours (2 days). This is to allow us to get visibility of cases which are not being actioned regularly enough.

My expectation is this should work.

Mark

Show all comments