Idea
Discussion

Enhancements for ClientUnitSchema code editor

I would love to see some enhancements for the code editor in bpm'online, specifically the ClientUnitSchema/Javascript code editor.

1) JSLINT WARNINGS

The current jslint rules are too restrictive. I would love to see some options for changing some of the jslint rules. One of the most annoying is the "line too long" warning. I have a wide monitor, but can only use HALF of the space in the code editor without getting the "line to long" warnings:

That is a lot of wasted space. Sure, I do understand it is only a warning, but with the warnings appearing in the error list, you can easily miss real errors that are listed since they are lost in the warnings. At minimum, I would love to just have a setting to "ignore warnings" and have them not even show in the error list in the editor - or have warnings appear in a different place than the actual errors (maybe a separate tab for warnings)

2) ACE EDITOR THEMES

Since the Ace editor has built in support for themes, I would love to see that exposed as an option. Specifically, I would love a dark theme option. Staring at white all day strains the eyes.

3) ERRORS IN SOURCE CODE VIEW IN PAGE EDITOR/SECTION WIZARD

The source code view in the page editor in the section & detail wizards needs an error list or at least better error reporting when saving. In the ClientUnitSchema code editor, you get the error list. If you missed a comma, curly brace, or some other syntax error, you'll see that listed along with the line number and can click it to go to the row with the issue. However, in the source code view in the section wizard, you do not get any line number. Just a popup that says things like "Missing ) in code" or something like that. There is no indication of the line this syntax error is on. If you just got through adding a lot of code, you have to sit and read through it all to find where you might have this syntax error. At minimum, this error message when saving needs to include the line number.

Ryan

1 comments

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for these ideas! We've created three separate problems to our R&D team on all highlighted topics and I hope they will apply needed changes in one of future versions of the application. Thank you for helping us to make our application better!

Best regards,

Oscar

Show all comments