Question

Getting a 404 on all urls starting with http://localhost/0/rest/

I've recently moved a package I'm developing to a new (more updated) environment (7.14.2) and when I try to open the section wizard it locks up.

 

When I check my developer console I see that it triest to access http://localhost/0/rest/SectionService/GetSectionTypes and http://localhost/0/rest/SectionService/GetGeneralAndSspSections but gets a 404 in return.

 

Any idea why this would not be working?

 

Like

7 comments
Best reply

For anyone stumbling upon this later. The Terrasoft.Configuration solution in 7.14 contains extra packages out of the box that I had deleted before setting up git and cloning my own code. This had caused the problem.

I fixed it by copying just the package code into the existing Configuration solution's Pkg folder.

It's hard to say due to lack of information. The correct way of transferring a package between different versions is upgrading the dev application, then transferring the package. The upgrading and the transferring should not throw any exceptions. If they threw, please save installation/upgrade log and restore the application database from backup. 

Hi Eugene,

The package was transferred using git. 

The exception also happens when I open the wizard on any unmodified pages. 

The problem seems to be getting worse though, so I will recreate the environment again.

Is there anything special I am supposed to do to enable the /0/rest endpoint?

Hmmm, something else must be going on. I have set up a completely new environment and I can't even log in anymore. It gives a 404 when trying to locate the AuthService.svc.

Jonas Van der Aa,

Please restore the application from backup and It should work if it worked before. Please use transferring changes via packages (right click on a package -> export package, installed applications -> install from file). This way the system will control the installation. If you use GIT then you have to control everything and resolve all conflicts on your own.

Hello Eugene,

I have tried this, but now the package does not export to the file system so I cannot work on it and submit my changes to git.

I don't have a problem manually resolving the conflicts, if only the software would tell me what they are. The endpoint I mentioned in my original point is an OOB endpoint that suddenly stops working after I import the package from disk (after git clone).

Jonas Van der Aa,

If you work with GIT and in the file system then you have to control everything on your own. The system will not tell where an issue is. 

A version control system such as GIT or SVN can be used only for transferring changes between dev environments that certainly should be on the same version.

If you're transferring the package to a pre-production or to a production application, then please use package import/export functionality without development in the file system.

As for now, please restore the application from the backup that was created when the application worked properly, then disable development in the file system, make sure that it's possible to make changes in the package and compile the system. Then please feel free to enable the development in the file system again. 

For anyone stumbling upon this later. The Terrasoft.Configuration solution in 7.14 contains extra packages out of the box that I had deleted before setting up git and cloning my own code. This had caused the problem.

I fixed it by copying just the package code into the existing Configuration solution's Pkg folder.

Log in or register to comment