Hi, I have a doubt.

Could someone tell me how to delete and edit a template once placing it in a campaign?

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

Please be informed that it is not possible to edit templates that are used in running campaigns. You can edit email templates in Content Designer. I am sending you an instruction that describes how to do it in detail: https://academy.creatio.com/docs/8.x/creatio-apps/products/marketing-to…

Show all comments

Hello,

I have a client who frequently uses the email template designer and we have a situation where between two templates the cog-icon in upper right corner of the block acts differently and I dont know why.

In one template the cog, once pressed, opens up the following menu allowing to align the block across the designer to left, center or right:

In another template where I push the same cog-icon I cannot get any menu to show up and I find no other way to align the main block either. All new templates I create also have the same problem of not seeing any menu pop up when pressing the cog-icon.

Do you know what could be the cause of this difference?

All the best,

Per Näsström, Chessit

Like 0

2 comments

Hello Per,

I consulted with our R&D team and this is not a mistake, but expected behavior.

It's just that we have two versions of templates in the system (GRID - the old content designer with a drop-down menu on clicking on the button from the case; and MJML - the new content designer on mjml, where clicking on the button activates the panel on the right of the template settings).

From now on - all new templates are opened in the new designer and the template settings panel is opened right away by default, that is why it feels like the button is not working.

Also, please note that template alignment functionality is not available in the new content designer, that's why this menu is missing.

I hope my explanations were useful to you.

Best Regards,

Dan

Hello Dennis, sorry for the very late response. I have conveyed this to the customer and they now understand that all text will be centered in the future due to this new designer. 

Thank you for investigating this.

/Per

Show all comments

Hello everybody,

we created some import templates in our Dev Instance. Is there a way to transfer these templates from the DEV to the Productive Instance? So we can use the ready-made Excel templates there as well and would not have to rebuild the mapping.

Stefan

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Hello.

You can use the functionality "Binding data to the package".

To do this, you need to create a "Data" element in the "Configuration" section and bind the necessary data to the "FileImportTemplate" object.

Please find more information on your request in these Creatio articles:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/packages_basics/overview#title-2105-9

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/bind_data

Hello.

You can use the functionality "Binding data to the package".

To do this, you need to create a "Data" element in the "Configuration" section and bind the necessary data to the "FileImportTemplate" object.

Please find more information on your request in these Creatio articles:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/packages_basics/overview#title-2105-9

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/bind_data

Show all comments

Hi,

Does "Calculation of working days in business processes" template works on 7.18? I install it successfully, but when I try to create a UserTask with it, the template does not appear in the list of templates. 

Best Regards, 

Javier

Like 0

1 comments

Hello Javier, 

"Calculation of working days in business processes" add-on works on 7.18. There is product compatibility information:

The template adds three user tasks:  'Add business days', 'Get number of business days', ''Get business time'. 

Please check whether your instance meets the product compatibility requirements and whether you are looking for the correct title of the task. 

I have installed the add-on on my test instance (7.18.3 version), re-login and able to access all the user tasks:

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi Community,

I am having some difficulties importing an excel template into my excel reports on my production machine. This machine is in version 7.16.4.1731.

I already tried to import it into my development machine, which is in version 7.16.3.1473 and the whole process was completed successfully, I managed to import a template into my excel reports.

Is the problem related with the application version? Can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Like 3

3 comments
Best reply

Hello Pedro,

For some reason, when you upload a template it thinks the template is an apk or jar file. These extensions are on the file deny list in Creatio so it is rejecting the file upload. Not sure when this changed, it didn't used to fail like this.

Anyway, to resolve this, you can simply remove "apk" and "jar" from the "FileExtensionsDenyList" system setting. Then you will be able to upload templates.

Ryan

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for informing us.

Kindly note that we implemented new security restrictions for the formats of uploaded files in Creatio 7.16.4.

I have forwarded your issue to the responsible team for investigation and will get back to you with the updates ASAP.

Have a good day!

Hello Pedro,

For some reason, when you upload a template it thinks the template is an apk or jar file. These extensions are on the file deny list in Creatio so it is rejecting the file upload. Not sure when this changed, it didn't used to fail like this.

Anyway, to resolve this, you can simply remove "apk" and "jar" from the "FileExtensionsDenyList" system setting. Then you will be able to upload templates.

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

We remove both extensions from the list and its now working, thank you for your response.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pinheiro and Tiago Sousa

Show all comments

It can be really great to have the possibilty to choose one field of one detail as a macro for one email template, currently we have to create a source code for any field for which we want to place in the email template.

4 comments

Dear Marvyn, 

Can you please provide us with more details on your idea? 

We would like to have a better understanding of functionality you would like to see in Creatio. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Roman Brown,

Of course, let's me explain the idea:

When we are creating an email template we have the possibilty to select basic or custom macro in order to personalize the email for each contact, but when we are selecting custom macro we don't have the possibility to select one detail (so one object) which is linked to the contact.

An example just below :

This is a free trial platform, and in this platform we have the contact in which we have some details like : Job Experience

And when we are creating an email template, and choose custom macro we don't see the detail (so the object with which this detail was created) and we don't have the possibilty to choose one field of this detail.

As you can see there aren't any possibilities to choose "Job experience" so this is this idea which i want to put the light on.

Thanks a lot Roman.

Hello Marvyn, 

Thank you for proposing this idea. 

We already have a similar request for extending this functionality in Creatio registered for the responsible R&D team. 

We will add this idea to their backlog so to increase it's priority. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Martin Büchler,

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, the idea is still under development, we do not set a time frame for its implementation and start from their priority.

I raised the priority of the idea by adding your appeal to it, so this feature may appear faster in future versions.

Show all comments

Hello,

Tell me, please, is there a template or application with which you can edit files (docx, txt, pdf) inside CRM and after editing use them as an attachment to a letter without saving these files on your computer?

There is a specific example where CRM should act as the main repository of information from which the original version of the file is taken and the edited version is saved here (i.e., FTP or cloud disks cannot be used). Is it possible to implement this?

Like 0

3 comments

Ryan Farley,

Thank you! But maybe somebody else can help.

Hello

The following functionality is best achieved with the application like this:

https://marketplace.bpmonline.com/app/file-x-bpmonline

Since the bpmonline does not allow editing the files online, whereas the application allows it via the integration with GDocs or OneDrive.

Best regards,

Matt

Show all comments