Hi Team,

I am looking to data import for the product section and detail objects using a single excel template. In the contact and account sections, we have the option to import the additional address details.

Is that possible to get additional detail objects like this for the product section?

Regards,

Kumaran

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Kumaran,

Thank you for your question!

Allow me to clarify how the import process works. When importing data into Creatio, you are essentially transferring the information from your Excel file into the corresponding database table. Each detail in Creatio corresponds to a different object or database table. Therefore, during an import, data can be inserted into one table or object at a time.

Import to Contact/Accounts have custom core logic applied, but all other objects work with logic described above.

You can read more about Excel import on Creatio Academy: https://academy.creatio.com/docs/8.x/creatio-apps/creatio-basics/busine…

Have a great day!

Show all comments

Hi,

Did anyone experienced the same thing as I am?

I am trying to import data (from dev) to a custom object after deploying it to Client in production but gives no sign of completion or any error.

Section > Data Import > Upload file > Close.

While doing this, I am actively checking console and network to check for any signs of error but it doesn't have any. Its been more than >40 minutes for a 2 row entry I exported from dev.

Any possible reason?

Creatio Version: 8.1.1.3635

Thank you.

Like 0

1 comments

Hello!

Please create a separate request to the Support Team via support@creatio.com and provide all these details. 

Best regards, Mariia

Show all comments

Hello!

I'm new to CREATIO. I'm trying to find a complete sales order import template to import sales orders to CREATIO instead of creating them one at a time. 

I tried finding one by:

1. In the Orders function, select the ACTIONS button then Data Import,
  2. Select the “SELECT TEMPLATE” button,
  3. I get "No data" in the selection window.

After that, I tried exporting the orders already created and got a file. Sure, it gives the orders’ headers but did not give any line items.

Does anybody have a basic template to share or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Martin.

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Martin,

We recommend checking out the following article:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/platform_basics/business_data/exc…

At the beginning you can find how you prepare a file, as well as some templates.

The  “SELECT TEMPLATE” button in the Data import section is responsible for saving the configuration of your imports, for example how the columns in Excel and Creatio are related, etc.

Hope this helps!

King regards,

Alina

Show all comments

Hello Community,

Besides the built-in functionality for data import, I have seen in community posts the possibility to import data to Creatio from ODATA protocol.

Are there any examples regarding this feature, academy article, or what to know before implementing it?

Best regards,

Sasori

Like 1

1 comments

Hello Sasori,

Regarding the general function of OData, you can find detailed information in the following resource:

OData Overview

For more specific examples and methods, you can refer to this documentation:

OData Methods and Examples

Show all comments

Hello,

Is there a way to give access to users to import only selected objects and not the entire objects available in the application?

Thank you

Like 2

2 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to cover such a case with basic functionality. You can either enable import/export for the entire system or disable it for the entire system. There is no way to regulate in which sections it can be downloaded and in which it cannot, unfortunately.

We've registered it in our R&D team backlog for consideration and implementation in future application releases.

Thank you for helping us to improve our product. 

Yes, would be great addition !

Show all comments

I am trying to import large amount of data, around 7 million lines. I noticed that using an excel this is almost impossible. What are the alternatives?

Comparing this to inserting it in an SQL, I usually bulk insert batches of 5000-8000 and it will be done in 5 minutes. 

Like 0

0 comments
Show all comments

I am trying to import data into account address object. By default Creatio allows the records to map with account object by name column. I need to map using a custom column. When I manually add the Account ID column(GUID) and map it with the account lookup in account address its creating a new record with Creatio GUID as name and mapping the address records to it. How can this be achieved?

Like 1

2 comments

Hi Sivanesan, 

If I am understanding your issue correctly, you are importing from excel and trying to map the the Account.ID column but actually mapping to the Account.Name column, which means you're actually creating new records with the GUID as the name. 

What you need to do is when mapping, click on "related objects", find "Account", then select "Id".  Your map should read like the attached. 

Hope that helps. Don't forget to select the "Id" as the unique field to import by. 

Thanks for the response Harry. I have a custom ID column (Text ) in the detail table(Account Address) which I have to map to the main table(Account). I have already tried to follow the step you have mentioned for that custom column and tried to import but the import is not processing. And when I checked in the process log it has failed with the error " Terrasoft.Common.ItemNotFoundException: Column by path (prefix) not found in schema Account"

Show all comments

Hello!

1) How is it possible to perform password import from Excel? When I add a column 'Password' to the Excel file import doesn't start.

I would like to import users, set some default password (the same for everyone or equal to username). Is it possible to do with Import, Process or SQL script?

2) How is it possible to send invitation email to all portal users imported from Excel? Can any Business process do that?

I cannot imagine how to make this manualy for hundreds users

Thank you.

Vladimir

Like 0

4 comments
Best reply

As for importing the passwords, yes, it is possible. However the column cannot be named "Password". If you name the column in the Excel file "Passwd" or something other than Password, you can import the passwords. Also useful to check the box for reset password so they're prompted to change it from the default on first login.

You'll also need to import to Users in Roles to add them to All employees role as well, last I checked that doesn't happen automatically from an import of users. 

I have a write up of importing users from Excel here: https://customerfx.com/article/importing-users-into-creatio-formerly-bp…

As for an email of some kind, I don't recall if you can use a signal in a process for a record added to SysAdminUnit, however, you could do it from a signal from a record added in Contact where a SysAdminUnit record exists (with a Type=4) and trigger a process from that (since importing the user will also create the contact). I believe that would work, although I've not tried it.

Ryan

As for importing the passwords, yes, it is possible. However the column cannot be named "Password". If you name the column in the Excel file "Passwd" or something other than Password, you can import the passwords. Also useful to check the box for reset password so they're prompted to change it from the default on first login.

You'll also need to import to Users in Roles to add them to All employees role as well, last I checked that doesn't happen automatically from an import of users. 

I have a write up of importing users from Excel here: https://customerfx.com/article/importing-users-into-creatio-formerly-bp…

As for an email of some kind, I don't recall if you can use a signal in a process for a record added to SysAdminUnit, however, you could do it from a signal from a record added in Contact where a SysAdminUnit record exists (with a Type=4) and trigger a process from that (since importing the user will also create the contact). I believe that would work, although I've not tried it.

Ryan

However, the one thing you can't do from an import of users, is set their license. You'll have to do that manually after the import. 

It's not so bad though, in the System Users section you can select all the imported users and then select "Grant license" from the Actions menu. You can also do it in the License Manager (add multiple users to a license at once)

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

Thank you for such a detailed description! That helps a lot!

Kind regards,

Vladimir

I also add 'Administrator for organization on the portal' in “User in roles” for portal organization administrators

Show all comments

Is it possible to revert a data import ?

Pipedrive example:

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

As for now there is now way to revert import in the system. However, we have registered this idea for our R&D team and this functionality may be implemented in future releases. 

Show all comments

Hello!

Is it possible to generate/download Excel file with all columns for data import?

It was possible in previous versions, but now I cannot find such option 

Thank you!

Vladimir

Like 0

1 comments

Hm, currently I've used add-on https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/excel-reports-builder-creatio

and generated reports for every necessary import template

Show all comments