Hello,

I have a page with the progress bar (cases) on Studio 8.1.0.6827. To simplify the explanation, let's say there are two stages based on a status field: New Request and Completed and I have business rules stating that the request description is required if the status is Completed. 

If the 'Save record on stage change' is off, when I click on the Completed bar, the description field becomes require and I cannot save without entering. But of 'Save record on stage change' is on the record is saved and the status changes to Completed even if the description was not entered. 

Any ideas on how to make it work where the 'Save record on stage change' is on but the business rules are applied, and the record is not saved if the required fields for that status are missing?

Thanks,

Jose

Like 1

1 comments

Hello!

To provide you with an answer, we need to investigate it deeper. Please contact the Support Team directly via support@creatio.com and provide all these details.

Best regards, Mariia

Show all comments

Is it possible to set certain business requirements on Dynamic Case Management, for example to require that certain fields are populated or that a lookup field is one of a selection of values?

Like 0

3 comments

To be clear, as I think I might not have been initially, is it possible to have manual transitions with transition requirements, as opposed to automatic transitions when certain conditions are met.

Hello,

"Manually" you can go both to the previous and subsequent stages from the current one, except when there is a mandatory task, in which case you can only go back (to the previous stages) without completing the task. More detailed information is provided at our academy in the block "Dynamic case setup (DCM)":

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/bpm_tools/dynamic_case_setup

Hi Malika, thanks for your reply. I think the options for mandatory tasks is quite limited though right? As it doesn't enable transition requirements like I put in my original question - requiring that certain data requirements are met, such as certain fields being populated or lookup fields contain certain values etc. Unless I'm missing something in the academy documentation you linked to me?

Show all comments

We are trying to set up a default case in DCM for our Leads, but I cannot see a way to achieve this with the GUI editor - we can either specify some other set of values for the "Which column determines which case to use with a record?" column, or can specify that that column is not filled in, but our use case is such that it should choose this default case when either the column is not populated or the column is populated by any values not specified in other Cases' filters. Can this be done in some way I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Like 0

2 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately, the desired behavior cannot be configured in such a way out of the box. You can only use a set of values for the "Which column determines which case to use with a record?" column or can specify that that column is not filled in separately on standard DCM tools.

We believe that default case managing can be achieved by means of development.

Thank you.

Hi Serhii, do you know what sort of development this would entail? I tried modifying the case's metadata in a trial environment using a filter generated by adding a static filter to a data list, but the case management designer failed to load properly when I'd done that and the Lead that would match the modified query didn't have any DCM bar against it when I loaded it, so it didn't seem to work.

The only other thing I can think of would be to have an additional redundant field that's based on the column(s) that are wanted (and automatically gets updated as they do) that stores the Case required, but it's not the most elegant solution. Would be nice to hear if there is some method I've not thought of?

Thanks,

Harvey

Show all comments

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up cases in my environment and I want it to move to 2nd stage when the user fills in all the information within the 1st stage. 

I believe that it can be done through business processes. But when I am adding the Sub-process within the case, it asks whether to run at the start of the case. Does it mean that it will only run that process one time? Because if it runs at the start that means our users will not have inputted their data and after when they have added the data then it will not run the process and will not move forward?

Also, let me know how can I make a formula that checks if the fields are filled or not filled?

Like 1

3 comments

Hello community,

I am using perform task inside section cases. The task updates the entity stage. After the stage is updated from the task I want to catch this event and reload the entity from the client side. I tried using the following approach but nothing happens

"Stage": {
				dependencies: [
					{
						columns: ["Stage"],
						methodName: "onChangeStage"
					}
				]
			}

The below script is called only when the stage is updated directly from the client side and not from a task or a business process. Is there a way to catch this event from the client side?

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Since the automatic changing of a stage happens outside of the context of a page, you won't receive any events from the change on the page itself. 

The only option is to either use a process, entity subprocess or entity event listener class (and starts with a signal of case modified in stage field) and if it's changed to the appropriate stage you send a signal to the client. You can see how to send a message from the server (such as from a process) to the client here: https://customerfx.com/article/sending-a-message-from-server-side-c-to-…

You'll add code to the page to listen for this message and then reloadEntity to refresh the page. 

BTW, if you want to use an entity event listener class instead of a process, I've outlined how to do that here https://customerfx.com/article/adding-code-to-listen-for-entity-events-… although using a process is quick and easy.

Ryan

Since the automatic changing of a stage happens outside of the context of a page, you won't receive any events from the change on the page itself. 

The only option is to either use a process, entity subprocess or entity event listener class (and starts with a signal of case modified in stage field) and if it's changed to the appropriate stage you send a signal to the client. You can see how to send a message from the server (such as from a process) to the client here: https://customerfx.com/article/sending-a-message-from-server-side-c-to-…

You'll add code to the page to listen for this message and then reloadEntity to refresh the page. 

BTW, if you want to use an entity event listener class instead of a process, I've outlined how to do that here https://customerfx.com/article/adding-code-to-listen-for-entity-events-… although using a process is quick and easy.

Ryan

Show all comments

Hi Team,

Response time and resolution time is filled in based on the combination of case category, service type and service but when the cases are created via email only the case category is filled in and an email is sent to the customer without resolution time.

Is there a setting were we can set a resolution time only with the case category?

Regards,

Mayan

Like 0

1 comments

Hello Amritha,

In order to change how resolution time is calculated please go to system designer -> Lookup -> Case deadline calculation schemas.

In there, you are able to choose one of the default options (one of which will suit your demand and is called "By service") or create your own rules.

To read more about resolution time calculation please refer to the academy article here.

Thank you,

Artem.

Show all comments

Hi Community,

When we change states in DCM, lines are added to the CaseLifeCycle object with data about the case at that time.

Does anyone know how and where this is triggered? I want add some more information in other columns that i added on the replacing object that i did.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Daniel Longo

Like 0

1 comments

Hi Daniel,

All the logic related to the Case Lifecycle can be found in the Case object of the SLM package (the process on the object, script tasks there and the methods):

Feel free to study the logic.

Best regards,

Oscar

Show all comments

Hi

I have an existing process which when an email is sent associated with a case it will update the Modified On value to the time the email was sent. This is useful as it allows us to track that a case is being updated.

I would like to include the ability for the Modified On date of the case to be updated if someone adds a Feed note. 

I have however not been able to find a way of adding a source signal, which has the filter in it to only be for feeds added to cases.

Anyone able to give me a steer on how I can achieve this please.

thanks

Like 0

2 comments

Is this not possible to achieve?

Hi Mark,

You can make process on Message/comment added

But you will have Id's of your schema (these are for Activities)

Show all comments

What is the font on the Cases processing tab? can it be configured by the user? When we send emails via template, we use arial, but shown on the processing time it seems to change to Times New Roman. Can this be configured?

Like 0

1 comments

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for your question!

In order to change the font, please edit the template according to your needs, then select the whole text and choose the fond needed. Unfortunately, this is the only option at the moment. Currently, there is no possibility to apply the font by default for regular emails. Our R&D team has a functionality request in an "Accepted" status regarding the possibility of applying default font for regular emails so we can expect this logic in one of the nearest releases. 

Kind regards,

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi Community,

When you move Case Status from "Resolved" to "Reopened" Resolution time gets updated with a new value. Is there a way we can disable this? We wanted to retain the initial value before reopening.

Thanks

Like 0

1 comments

Hi Fulgen, 

You can try to use Case deadline calculation rules lookup in order to achieve such requirement: 

Please refer to these posts to get more information how to set it up:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/service_tools/service_cases/case_…

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/service_tools/service_cases/case_…

Best Regards, 

Bogdan L

Show all comments