Hi everyone,

How can we override the onClick functionality of the attachment link? Or is there any way to disable the link?

Thanks & regards,

Ramya

Like 0

3 comments

Hello Ramya,

We thought on overriding the logic of the crt.DownloadEntityFileRequest request, but the handler doesn't trigger upon clicking the file. I will ask our R&D team to make it possible to control the download of files out-of-the-box and do it in the nearest releases.

Thank you!

Oleg Drobina,

Thank you for the swift response. Since overriding is not possible as of now, is there any way to disable the link? Something similar to the Classic UI diff value "showValueAsLink" : false?

Regards,

Ramya

Oleg Drobina,

Can you also elaborate what handler is getting called if it is not "crt.DownloadEntityFileRequest" ?

Show all comments

Has anyone managed to return the count of attachment records from a record. Having trouble validating whether a record has any attachments or not.

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

You can use the EntitySchemaQuery to get the number of attachments:

onEntityInitialized: function() {
				this.callParent(arguments);
				var contactId = this.get("Id");
				var esq = Ext.create("Terrasoft.EntitySchemaQuery", {rootSchemaName: "ContactFile"});
                esq.addColumn("Contact");
                    var filter = esq.createColumnFilterWithParameter(Terrasoft.ComparisonType.EQUAL, "Contact", contactId);
                    esq.filters.add("filter",filter);
                    esq.getEntityCollection(function (result) {
                        if (result.success) {
                        	window.alert("This record has " + result.collection.collection.length + " attachments");
                        }
                    }, this);
			},

Show all comments
Question

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement where if any image is added to the attachment than it should be uploaded in the "Image "field.

Like 0

1 comments

Hello, 

As of now, it's not possible to achieve you business task with a help of basic system tools, additional development will be needed. 

We've registered the query for our R&D team to consider adding such functionality in upcoming releases. 

Please check the below article and community post, which could be helpful:

https://academy.creatio.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-15/how-add-field-im…

https://community.creatio.com/questions/displaying-image-link-record-pa…

Best regards,

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi all,

I have a requirement for an HR application regarding searching in the attached files. The use case is that the recruiters want to be able to search in the attached CVs in Creatio (like typing "JavaScript" in the search bar, and Creatio should list every attachment containing "JavaScript").

Thank you in advance!

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately Global Search functionality cannot be applied to the attachments for now.

We've registered a query for our responsible R&D team to implement such functionality in the upcoming releases but due to complexity of the task there is no specific ETA as of now.

Best regards,

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi community!

I need to make file attachment mandatory in Lead object (Attachments and notes) at Sales in progress stage. If there isn't any file attached I need to prohibit user to go to the next stage. Any suggestions?

Like 0

4 comments

Hello,

In order to achieve the goal, you can use a business process in the case, which will check the "availablity" of the files and links to the details of the specified section. 

That will be nice to use in the business process the following element:

"read data", which will read the object "file and link <section name>"  according to the filter <section name> = id of the transfered record.

After that, using the formula, you will be able the check the availabillity of the files the the records of the corresponding section. 

Kyrylo Iudin,

Hello, thanks. Yes, I have done the check of file in that way, but after check is done how can I prohibit user to proceed to the next stages without file. Only manual transition is allowed between stages.

Yana,

Hello,

I am so sorry for misunderstanding. Currently such an option can't be achieved but i am sure we will do our best to add such a feature in future releases. 

Yana, you can achieve this in a business process in front end when the stage is changed and the file is missing then you roll back to the previous stage and you can also show a popup to the user that the file is missing.

Show all comments

Hi 

Why when I add some attachments to case in mobile app, i didn't see this attachments on local instance on PC? (case is visible but no attachment)

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

This issue can happen if a user works in a mobile application in an online mode while their connection is not stable. 

Meanwhile, it would be better for those users who are working from mobile with a bad connection to stay in an offline mode and sync their apps when the connection gets better. 

Please contact our support team - if the issue still reproduces.

Show all comments

When images preview works perfectly in sections, it doesn't work in the same sections on portal.

How to enable attachment preview for portal users?

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Like 2

1 comments

Greetings,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue, which is already being worked on by our R&D team and will be improved within the future releases. 

Show all comments

Dear,

Is it possible to join documents uploaded on Creatio to an email ?

We would like to store files in Creatio and use them into email attachments (without downloading them into computer).

Thank you !

Nicolas

Like 2

0 comments
Show all comments

Dear community,

Is it possible to add attachments to bulk emails?

If so, what's the correct way of doing this?

Any links or documentation is appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Hello Yosef,

Bulk/trigger emails are not supposed to have files attached to them since the email provider can reject sending this email. The only way to have a file (for example pdf file) being attached to an email if it is a trigger/bulk email - is to put this file as a link to a body of an email. Your file should be stored in some public storage that can be accessed by anyone and the link to it will be like this https://test_storage_system/$File/TestSheet.pdf. But if you put this link to the body of an email - recipients will get an error when opening it. So you need to use the OpenElement parameter at the end and make the link look like this

https://test_storage_system/$File/TestSheet.pdf?OpenElement. As a result, users will see opened pdf documents (which they can download after that) that can be accessed from your bulk/trigger email.

Best regards, 

Bogdan Sukhovoi

Hello Yosef,

Bulk/trigger emails are not supposed to have files attached to them since the email provider can reject sending this email. The only way to have a file (for example pdf file) being attached to an email if it is a trigger/bulk email - is to put this file as a link to a body of an email. Your file should be stored in some public storage that can be accessed by anyone and the link to it will be like this https://test_storage_system/$File/TestSheet.pdf. But if you put this link to the body of an email - recipients will get an error when opening it. So you need to use the OpenElement parameter at the end and make the link look like this

https://test_storage_system/$File/TestSheet.pdf?OpenElement. As a result, users will see opened pdf documents (which they can download after that) that can be accessed from your bulk/trigger email.

Best regards, 

Bogdan Sukhovoi

Show all comments

Dear community,

I am using the following apps:

Aspose 

'Save Printable' (keep in mind that we tried with a script first but we switched to this for ease of use)

Whenever we trigger our business process manually, the pdf gets created automatically. Whenever the BP gets triggered by the portal, the attachment doesn't get converted. We still use the same BP with the same values.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

6 comments

Hi Yosef,

Please note that the Aspose connector does not support generating pdf printables when triggered by the portal.

Kindly answer the following questions for the responsible team to further analyze your use-case:

1. What Creatio product and version are you working with?

2. Do you get  a .docx printable generated automatically when the BP is triggered by the portal?

3.  Could you provide us with a BP diagram to have a clearer idea of the use-case?

Thank you for your feedback!

Svetlana Kobizka,

We actually call the BP through API with a portal user in Creatio.

1. We use Creatio sales, marketing & service / 7.17.1

2. We get a PDF file but we can't open it. Changing it to .docx makes us able to read it as a word file.

this is the initial process: https://prnt.sc/zz2kpg

We call the invoice through API and set it to "Complete". As soon as this happens, we trigger the following flow which is the subprocess: https://prnt.sc/zz2uut

Here we have the "save printable" block.

Everything works except when the status is set to complete through the portal API.

Kind regards,

Yosef

Hi Yosef,

Regarding the second issue, we need you to run a check-up and get back to us with the results.

Please set the printables generation to .docx printables in the subprocess in the 'Save printable' element. Run the business process and tell us if a .docx printable is successfully generated when the BP is triggered by the portal.

Alexander Demidov,

If we set the processs to docx, everything works. Right now, when we change the generated pdf (through portal) file to ".docx", we can open it in word.

Kind regards,

Yosef

I also noticed that we can't generate a pdf in the instance either unless we place an approval block: https://prnt.sc/106hzl7

Without the approval block, the pdf gets created but we're unable to open it unless we manually change it to ".docx" : https://prnt.sc/106i0bb

This process was triggered within Creatio.

Kind regards,

Yosef

Hi Yosef,

Thank you for the clarification. I have submitted this update to the responsible team.

Show all comments