Dear friends and community, 

I urge your support and advise to get a way or method to generate PDF from a filled form application. (I am using latest version) 

Regards, 

Hisham

Like 4

6 comments

+1

Hello,

Maybe you can use Printables and then build a server-side code that will convert the printable word to PDF, you can store the result in an activity for self keeping or etc.

You can use 3rd party DLL to convert the word to PDF.

Hello,

As of now, the PDF conversion functionality is not available in the ootb version of the system.

Currently, we can recommend using the PDF conversion feature in MS Word by using the "Save As" option.

As a workaround, if it is necessary to prevent users from making changes to the PDF file after exporting:

You can upload a Word file with a password for modifications as a template for the printable. This way, the necessary data will be included in the file, but it will not be possible to make changes without knowing the password.

Additionally, we can suggest an alternative approach:

Use the marketplace addon "Aspose.PDF connector for Creatio" - https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/asposepdf-connector-creatio

Best regards,

Yuliya

Hi,

It has been years since Creatio removed this feature from OOTB

It is the feature that has more requests from partners and is assumed to work from all clients (as all other major platforms have it OOtB)

It is very disapointing that it is now not even in the pipeline to have it

somewhere in the future.

In this case Creatio is really not listening to the partners and customers

Rgds,

Luis

Hi Ahmed, 

For what it's worth, I use Power Automate a lot to handle these kind of functions where Creatio lacks the functionality. You can handle the API response of Power Automate REST Trigger to give you the data back, etc... 

If you are using 365 in your tech stack it, it could be an option. 

Harry

Harry,

Interesting indeed 🧐. Could you make a blog post ? 🙂

@luis --> agree with you, this is such an akward missing feature nowadays.

Show all comments

Hi Community,

I've a requirement where I've to read data from a PDF uploaded, Can you please let me know how it can be achievablesake

Like 1

1 comments

Hello Kavya,

It depends on where exactly you need to read this data. If you need to read it from external API call then you need to use then for example you can use the following link and perform GET request to it:

https://CreatioApplicationName.creatio.com/0/rest/FileService/GetFile/149d2eaf-cbd2-49fa-b565-637748ff823c/c628b09b-05db-4ce5-968b-d38f5833978b

where

CreatioApplicationName should be replaced with your application name;

149d2eaf-cbd2-49fa-b565-637748ff823c should be replaced with the UId of the object where the file is stored (for accounts it's AccountFile and UId for it is 149d2eaf-cbd2-49fa-b565-637748ff823c):

c628b09b-05db-4ce5-968b-d38f5833978b should be replaced with an actual Id of the record inside AccountFile table (in your case - the object where the file is stored).

As a result you will get the file content:

If you need to do it in the business process then you need to take a look at the "Process file" process element which allows working with files. Or you can take a look at the file API that allows files processing though the server logic inside Creatio app.

Show all comments

Hello,

as we use non-standard font for our report, it should be embedded into result pdf-file. FastReport has this option during export to PDF. But how can we achieve the same from Creatio?

Like 2

3 comments

Hi Vladimir!

Fonts should be installed on the IIS side and the template also needs to be set up correctly to make them available.

The following instructions can help you to achieve the result you are looking for:

https://www.fast-report.com/en/blog/show/custom-fonts-online-designer/

Pavlo Sokil,

Thank you, Pavlo!

We have installed fonts on our Dev IIS server and it works.

But when customer has done the same, on their Test server it works, but on Production - not.

Can you give any idea what can be checked more?

Thank you!

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir.

There are several possible reasons why a custom font added to IIS for Fast Reports may work for one site but not for another, even with the same settings. Here are a few possible reasons:

1. Different versions of IIS: If the two sites you are configuring the custom font for are running on different versions of IIS, this can cause compatibility issues. Therefore, depending on which version of IIS your sites are running on, you should use the corresponding version of the custom font.

2. Different IIS settings: Another possible issue is different IIS settings on different sites. For example, if one site is working with custom fonts over HTTP, and another is over HTTPS, this can affect how the fonts are displayed on the site.

3. Different font locations: It's possible that the fonts are not located in the same place on two different servers, and this can cause issues with loading the fonts on one of the sites.

4. Caching: If the font is added to one site, and then you add it to another, the browser may have a cached copy of the old version of the font. This can cause the font to not change when you switch to the other site.

5. If this is a self-hosted font, it may be necessary to modify the hosting settings of the font to allow access from other domains (perhaps by adding the instance address of Creatio to the Allowed domains list).

To address these issues, make sure you are using the correct version of the font, check if the settings are the same on both servers, make sure the fonts are located in the same place, and clear the browser cache.

Show all comments

I need to do a custom button implementation, which will download the grid from the detail with all the data that is in the grid, like the similar function of the "PRINT" button.

Like 0

1 comments

Hi Gabriel Cassimiro,

Please feel to explore the printables in the below thread.

It is explained for Portal users and in the same way, functionality has to be implemented in your custom section (Please be informed to debug the modules explained in the article and use it accordingly for your functionality).

https://community.creatio.com/articles/how-show-printables-print-button-printables-portal-user

BR,

Bhoobalan Palanivelu.

Show all comments

hello,

I have a query that can we generate any pdf in creatio and fill the detain in the pdf using our Custom feilds .

Like 1

3 comments

Hello,

I believe that your business task could be achieved by this add-on.

Bogdan

Will surely look into this 

Thanks

Hi Bogdan

As far as I have explored Aspose.PDF Addon ,we are not able to create Pdf in studio can you provide some steps how to configure this addon in my Application in Sales.

Show all comments

Hello Creatio Community !

I want to convert a Word Document to PDF. How is this done in Creatio?

The "Save Printables" add-on from Marketplace doesnt seem to to fullfill this functionality. Is there any other Way ?

Like 0

2 comments

Hi Petrica,

Unfortunately, there is no such functionality for now.

We have already registered the idea for our R&D team to implement this functionality in further releases. I will assign your case to this project in order to increase its priority.

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan,

Thank you Bogdan !

Show all comments

Hi Community,

I've this situation where I need to add a new tab "Preview" and the main objective is have a iframe with a preview of the documents in the attachments, however we try first implement the logic if was a website, because we think that the article that we found on academy "https://academy.creatio.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-13/integration-third-party-sites-iframe"partially satisfies what we want to implement;

1. First, based on the Web field, we were able to do the preview of the website, as you can see on the image below.
  2. Then, we try to call and access to the storage of the pdf that we have on the attachments (image below), but the only link that we have of the pdf is the link/method to download the file, for example: https://..../0/rest/FileService/GetFile/Id.

In this way we want to know if there is any way to acess a link or storage of the file, with objective to implement something like preview of the document with the iframe on the edit page.

Anyone?

Best Regards,

Daniel Longo

Like 0

2 comments

Hello Daniel, 

While it is technically possible to open pdf files using iframe tag, it'd require considerable amount of custom development to implement such preview. 

The link you're referring to is the direct link to the attachment file. 

Unfortunately, we don't have examples of such implementation. 

I'll register your idea and it may be implemented in future releases. 

Best regards,

Yurii.

Hello Yurii,

Is there any progress on this implementation?

What are the options that FileService gives us beyond the download file link?

Is there any way of call this link and get Data from response?

Best Regards,

Igor Matos

Show all comments

Hi,

I have added Aspose.PDF plugin to convert the Word to PDF printables. I have generated the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' as suggested in the guide.

Where do I key in these Client ID and Client Secret in System Settings? I am getting this notification -  'Please fill in the system settings for converting files to PDF'

Thanks,

Madhuri

Like 0

1 comments

Hello Madhuri,

Log in to Creatio, go to 'System Designer' → 'System settings' section, find and fill out the respective system settings. Log out and log back in to apply the changes.

Show all comments

Dear community,

I am using the following apps:

Aspose 

'Save Printable' (keep in mind that we tried with a script first but we switched to this for ease of use)

Whenever we trigger our business process manually, the pdf gets created automatically. Whenever the BP gets triggered by the portal, the attachment doesn't get converted. We still use the same BP with the same values.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

6 comments

Hi Yosef,

Please note that the Aspose connector does not support generating pdf printables when triggered by the portal.

Kindly answer the following questions for the responsible team to further analyze your use-case:

1. What Creatio product and version are you working with?

2. Do you get  a .docx printable generated automatically when the BP is triggered by the portal?

3.  Could you provide us with a BP diagram to have a clearer idea of the use-case?

Thank you for your feedback!

Svetlana Kobizka,

We actually call the BP through API with a portal user in Creatio.

1. We use Creatio sales, marketing & service / 7.17.1

2. We get a PDF file but we can't open it. Changing it to .docx makes us able to read it as a word file.

this is the initial process: https://prnt.sc/zz2kpg

We call the invoice through API and set it to "Complete". As soon as this happens, we trigger the following flow which is the subprocess: https://prnt.sc/zz2uut

Here we have the "save printable" block.

Everything works except when the status is set to complete through the portal API.

Kind regards,

Yosef

Hi Yosef,

Regarding the second issue, we need you to run a check-up and get back to us with the results.

Please set the printables generation to .docx printables in the subprocess in the 'Save printable' element. Run the business process and tell us if a .docx printable is successfully generated when the BP is triggered by the portal.

Alexander Demidov,

If we set the processs to docx, everything works. Right now, when we change the generated pdf (through portal) file to ".docx", we can open it in word.

Kind regards,

Yosef

I also noticed that we can't generate a pdf in the instance either unless we place an approval block: https://prnt.sc/106hzl7

Without the approval block, the pdf gets created but we're unable to open it unless we manually change it to ".docx" : https://prnt.sc/106i0bb

This process was triggered within Creatio.

Kind regards,

Yosef

Hi Yosef,

Thank you for the clarification. I have submitted this update to the responsible team.

Show all comments

Hi,

I'm looking for an example code of using the aspose pdf libraries inside creatio's code.

Thanks,

Raz

Like 0

10 comments

Are we talking about this Marketplace add-on? https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/asposepdf-connector-creatio

Did you read the Installation > Guides and manualsRead Manuals on the marketplace page?

1. Register at Aspose.PDF service (https://products.aspose.cloud/pdf/net), add an application (My Apps> Add an App), get access keys (Client Secret, Client ID).

2. Fill in the system settings "Aspose API Access Key" (= Client Secret) and "Aspose Security Identifier (App SID)" (= Client ID) with the data from item 1, respectively. Logout and login to the Creatio app again.

3. Go to System Designer > Lookups > the ‘Printables’ lookup, select the printable, and open the printable setup page, select the ‘Convert to PDF’ checkbox and save changes. Note that the ‘Convert to PDF’ checkbox is available only on the printable setup page in the new UI.

4. The add-on shows an error message if a printable conversion fails on the Aspose side (Aspose service is unavailable, service access is not paid, etc.). Detailed error description is available in the browser console.

What sort of code do you need?

Julius,

Hi Julius,

Yes, I'm taking about this addon.

The thing is that this connector only allows me to create a pdf document.

I want to merge 2 pdf documents to 1.

So I thought about using the aspose cloud API SDK for .Net.

I've read in the academy that I can include external libraries, so I've been thinking using aspose libraries to do so.

So my question is related to the usage of aspose API SDK Libraries in creatio.

Raz

Hi Raz,

You can find an example of the Aspose API library call from Creatio in the 'AsposeCloud' package. Additional information on Aspose API SDK is available here - https://products.aspose.cloud/pdf/net.

Hope it helps.

Svetlana Kobizka,

Hi Svetlana,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I managed to find the AsposeCloud :)

The thing is that when I download the Apospe dll the libraries are different.

I need to use the service to merge documents, but it's not working.

I attached the code and the library that I'm using.

I appreciate if you could assist me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lplgni2wsi5piy/Aspose.PDF.dll?dl=0

This is the code

PdfApi api = new PdfApi("11d276990520041f6cda09531e25aabb", "9568f0a0-cf77-4836-97d2-fd1389338080");

Hi Raz,

The responsible team checked that the Aspose connector uses Aspose.Words.Cloud.Sdk.dll, which does not include the method that you need. You can find the description of the .Pages.Add() method that you need here: https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/merge-pdf-documents. Please install the required library and follow the Aspose official guidelines.

We have asked the team about possible development assistance, unfortunately, they cannot assist.

Why don't you just make an extra printable template for this purpose?

A printable template which includes all the pages you need

Julius,

What do you mean by "extra printable"?

I need the two printables merged together in the same document.

Alexander Demidov,

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

All the documentation that I've found about merging files through the Aspose Words Cloud eventually needs a directory to put the file.

Or in the other way a filestream to create the file from and I can't do that, because my creatio  application is a cloud base.

Am I missing something?

Hi Raz,

I have forwarded your question to the relevant team. We will get back to you once we have more information.

Show all comments