Dear colleagues,

How can AVOID this? The link to an object in dev is "https://dev-XXXXX.creatio.com/Navigation/Navigation.aspx?schemaName=Ndo…]" and in TESTING or production, when deploy packages remains https://dev-XXXXX.creatio.com, when it must be https://pre-XXXXX.creatio.com or https://XXXXX.creatio.com

Some idea, how to solve this?

Like 0

1 comments

Hello!

Please create a separate case for Support Team support@creatio.com  and we will analyze it deeply. 

Show all comments

Dears

Due those schemas usually have the EmailBody binded and this is a large string is very difficult to found the name of the binded templates, this is due Creatio show its names centered in the row where they are.

Suggestion, could export the data binded in those schemas or select which columns to see (not binded ones),

For example see the image

Thanks

3 comments

Good Idea!

Although I do have a strong technical background, I would prefer a more user-friendly "no-code-way" of creating data bindings.

I like the flexibility of the existing data binding feature, but it would be awesome for a lot of people to have the functionality to select what they want to bind and the system does the heavy lifting and generates the technically necessary data bindings.

For instance, if the element that should be bound to the package is an email template, then you would just select the template and the system creates the bindings for you. The same applies to workplaces, dashboards, reports (incl. reports table and the word template), lookups (including their manager), etc.

Robert Pordes,

Yes please !

Very well put. For a nocode tool, there still a lot to be implemented. A lot of great new stuff with Freedom UI but still quite some things missing for it to be truely nocode.

Cheers,

Damien

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, we have registered this idea for our R&D team and such functionality may appear in future.

Show all comments

If you save message template blocks in either user templates and/or bulk messages, and you need to change a saved block, the changes do not automatically cascade down the templates that use that block. You have to manually open each item and drag and drop the new block into place and delete the old one. This can get extensive when you have 100s of templated messages in use. There should be a save and save as option, where save overwrites the existing block and cascades the changes to any template that currently uses it. 

1 comments

That would save soooo much time ! (= massive added value)

Show all comments

Hello, 

I would like to set an upper limit on the size of an image that gets sent in an email. The image being sent is a variable in a form using the [#ImageName#] syntax. 

I have tried styling the element in div and img tags, but I think that this variable syntax does not respect styles.  

How can I style an image in an email template? 

Thanks!

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately, the logic of inserting an image through a macro into a letter template is not implemented in Creatio.

I am broadcasting your wish to the development team to consider the possibility of adding similar logic in future versions.

Show all comments

Hi Team,

We have a query regarding users having permissions to creating email templates in the Message Template section rather than admin creating email templates

Currently, only administrators have the ability to create email templates, select macro sources, and add macros while creating templates. However, the enquiry is whether the sales team would have the capability to create their own email templates for future use when communicating with customers rather than reaching out to admin for creating the email templates.

Is there a specific permission or access level that can be granted to normal users, specifically those in the sales team with a sales team license, which would allow them to create, save, and utilize their own email templates within the system? This would streamline our communication processes and empower our sales team to personalize their interactions with customers more effectively.

For now they are getting the below error while trying to create a email template :

Thanks for the help in advance!

Regards,

Mayan

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

for resolving this specific error you would need to give permission for operation by the code "CanManageLookups" in Operation permissions view in System designer. Not sure if users need more permissions to create templates but if its the only error occuring that could resolve it

Show all comments

Dear colleagues

If I want to add dynamic links in an email template, I tried to do adding a button to click to product with the URL to open the Web page get from a macro (URL is on a field on contact table), didn’t work, didn't add the tracking tokens, for example:

Normal button:

"Dynamic" Button:

Any ideas how toe enable adding the tracking tokens to the "Dynamic" Button?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Julio Falcón

Like 0

3 comments

Hello Julio,

At this moment full macros link will not work for tracking, but there is a workaround with a link+macro tail.

So at this point instead of [#Contact.UsrButtonProdID2#] you will proceed with https://www.implementos.cl/[#Contact.UsrButtonProdID2#]?bpmtrackid=4

The domain of the website will be the same for the recipients, but the content will be dynamic.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will consider making this mechanism more user-friendly in future releases.

Best Regards,

Dan

Thanks to anticipate the solution Dan, I will document it also

It appears when Creatio “see“ where must be a URL, a non-URL string, as is the case of a macro, it “think” there aren't any URL to track, and didn’t add the tokens, to complement Dan comment, what I did to solve the problem:

* In images I introduce, on the image address, the first part of the image URL “https://images.ClientWebStore.com/” and add the field using macro to complete the URL with the specific image address, getting something like this in the Image URL: https://images.ClientWebStore.com/[#Contact.UsrImgProdID2#], in the UsrImgProdID2 field I have the rest of the URL, like this "img/1000/HERCAR0005-1.jpg"

* For the Product, in Link to Open add “https://www.ClientWebStore.com/” and later the rest of the product URL from the macro, resulting value getting something like this https://www.ClientWebStore.com/[#Contact.UsrButtonProdID2#]  and works as is expected, Creatio add all the expected tokens. In the UsrButtonProdID2 field I have the rest of the URL to open the product page in the store, like "inicio/productos/ficha/gata-hidraulica-32-toneladas-HERCAR0005"

IT WORKS! thank you very much!

Show all comments

Hello,

Somebody knows how can I add data from a detail connected to the contact who belongs an email?

I'm trying to compose a bulk/trigger email including some data on contact details, but no one detail is available from the template editor

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Like 0

6 comments
Best reply

Hello Julio,

SalesUp has a marketplace add-on that might work for your needs. See https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/salesup-enhanced-template-macros-cr…

Ryan

Dear Julio,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to insert information from details into macros. One account can have many records in the detail and the macro can only use one record. 

The "Connected objects" list displays only the objects that are present as columns in Contacts\Account.

We already have a task registered for our R&D to implement such functionality in future updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Pavlo, would be great to have the possibility to add a detail of Recommended Products, to contact, in the email, for example.

Hello Julio,

SalesUp has a marketplace add-on that might work for your needs. See https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/salesup-enhanced-template-macros-cr…

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

Thanks Ryan, I'll try it!

Regards

Julio

Ryan Farley,

Sorry, I didn't see your previous reply :-(

Thanks Ryan, I told with SalesUp guys, and they confirm me, specifically what we need is not possible with the app, as they answers me: " The main function of our solution is to use data, taken from details (tables, lists...) to create templates with the help of macros. "

Show all comments

Hey,

I'm trying to implement business task when we need to send a datalist/table in email template.

I was surfing the academy and came into this https://community.creatio.com/questions/how-display-datalist-email-template 

But i faced a little problem,

When inserting my macros to email template, the message itself not recognizing the html code.

Any suggestions how to fix it? 

Thanks

Like 0

6 comments
Best reply

Oleksii Protsiuk,

Hello,

&amp;lt; means that there should've been < in the code. I believe there is an issue with the html code translation in your template. You need to replace:

&amp;lt; with <

&amp;gt; with >

&amp;gt with > either

using Notepad++ replacement for example (I've modified the code you sent using this text editor). As a result I received a correct code, but after that the HTML should be checked. This can be done via the tests in Visual Studio and receivig the HTML code result and verifying it for example here. You can use some test values instead of entity.GetColumnValue(colPercentage.Name).ToString() to verify the code.

Dear Oleksii,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please provide us an example of macros you are trying to insert into your email template?

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

Anastasiia

Anastasiia Marushenko,

namespace Terrasoft.Configuration
{
	using System;
	using Terrasoft;
	using Terrasoft.Common;
	using Terrasoft.Core;
	using Terrasoft.Core.Entities;
	using Terrasoft.Core.DB;
	using Newtonsoft.Json;

public class NewEmailMacros : IMacrosInvokable
    {
        public UserConnection UserConnection {
            get;
            set;
        }
        public string GetMacrosValue(object arguments) {
//        	var sjson = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(arguments);
//        	var templ = new {Key = String.Empty, Value = String.Empty};
        	var currencyId = "c1057119-53e6-df11-971b-001d60e938c6";
        	var esq = new EntitySchemaQuery(UserConnection.EntitySchemaManager, “Object"); 
            var colCode = esq.AddColumn("Column1"); 
            var colPercentage = esq.AddColumn("Column2"); 
            var colCurrency = esq.AddColumn("Column3");
            var colType = esq.AddColumn("Column4");
            var colDate = esq.AddColumn("Column5");
	        var colDay = esq.AddColumn("Column6"); 
          	var CurrencyFilter = esq.CreateFilterWithParameters(
    		FilterComparisonType.Equal, "Column3.Id", currencyId); 
	          esq.Filters.Add(CurrencyFilter);
           EntityCollection entities = esq.GetEntityCollection(UserConnection);
 var html = "&amp;lt;table&amp;gt;&amp;lt;tr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;Percentage&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;th&amp;gt;Code&amp;lt;/th&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;Currency&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;Type&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;Date&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;Day&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/tr&amp;gt";
            foreach (Entity entity in entities) {
 	          	html += "&amp;lt;tr&amp;gt;";
 	          	html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colPercentage.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
            	html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colCode.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
     	      	html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colCurrency.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
      	     	html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colType.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
         	  	html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colDate.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
				html += "&amp;lt;td&amp;gt;" + entity.GetColumnValue(colDay.Name).ToString() + "&amp;lt;/td&amp;gt;";
            	html += "&amp;lt;/tr&amp;gt;";
            }
				html += "&amp;lt;/table&amp;gt;";
            	return html;
        }
    }
}

Anastasiia Marushenko,

I dont know why it kept changing the code, and adding the amp*

html += "&lt;/table&gt;";

Oleksii Protsiuk,

Hello,

&amp;lt; means that there should've been < in the code. I believe there is an issue with the html code translation in your template. You need to replace:

&amp;lt; with <

&amp;gt; with >

&amp;gt with > either

using Notepad++ replacement for example (I've modified the code you sent using this text editor). As a result I received a correct code, but after that the HTML should be checked. This can be done via the tests in Visual Studio and receivig the HTML code result and verifying it for example here. You can use some test values instead of entity.GetColumnValue(colPercentage.Name).ToString() to verify the code.

Oleg Drobina,

Thank you very much!

That helped.

You can use the Enhanced template macros for Creatio app from Marketplace.

You won't need to write additional code.

https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/enhanced-template-macros-creatio

Show all comments

Hello

It is very common situation, when designer is managing Email templates, but should not have access to other Lookups

But currently system doesn't allow him to do that until he has access acces to that Operation persmission

There is a simple way to remove this check for any lookup (you can see this in City), but the problems with Email templates is that this is not lookup, but Base object.

And check for CanManageLookups permsission is done by not very good way - it is not possible to overwrite Script in the process

Could you please make very easy fix - move this script to process method, like it is done in Base lookup?

Or can you suggest another solution/workaround?

Thank you!

Vladimir

1 comments

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks a lot for your post and comments. 

We have registered the corresponding idea for our R&D team and assigning this post to the project in order to increase its priority.

Show all comments

Creatio Community,

Is it possible to format a custom macro field on an email template? I need to display a date with the long format date on an email (eg. August 25, 2022) 

The email definition that has the date looks like this:

The details of this fee were [#UsrPatientContactPreference.UsrEmailText#] to the patient or dispute submitter, on [#UsrRequestForAdditionalInformationSentOn#]

The  last field is the one I need to format.

Thanks,

Jose

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Hi Jose,

Unfortunately, of now, there is no such functionality, but our R&D already has plans to implement it in future versions of Creatio!

As a workaround you can add a macro handler into the template:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/application_components/email…

Hi Jose,

Unfortunately, of now, there is no such functionality, but our R&D already has plans to implement it in future versions of Creatio!

As a workaround you can add a macro handler into the template:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/application_components/email…

Show all comments