Question

Referencing other cases in email body

If you put an old case number in the email body while trying to create a new case, instead it will only update the old case. I understand this is standard functionality of bpm'online, but is there a way to work around this if the user actually does want to create a new case and reference an old case when doing so? One idea I have is the user could abbreviate the case such as "case ending in ....15282" instead of typing the entire case. But are there any other suggested practices to get around this function of emails referencing other cases causing the system to NOT create a new case?

Like 0

4 comments

Hello.

The system basic logic also involves checking the status of the case in order to determine whether the email should be linked to the existing case or it should create a new one. You can read about it in the academy article below:

https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/service-enterprise/7-13/how-con…

You can change case stages to the 'final' stage and all emails that contain the following case number will still create new cases. 

Best regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt. I noticed in the article, it refers to case #s in the subject of the email. However this occurred for us when a case # was in the body of the email. Does that mean there was an issue? It was not expected?

Hello!

It does mention the subject, however the email body as well as the email thread is being parsed for the case number and this is the intentional behavior. We will pass the info to the academy team in order to improve the mentioned article.

Best regards,

Matt

Matt Watts,

thank you!!

Show all comments