Question

Installing beta apps in 8.0.10

According to the 8.0.10 release notes, beta versions of new apps can be installed. 

I've turned on the feature to allow installing beta apps, however the "Productivity" (activities/calendar) seems to be unavailable. I've been able to install most others do far, but the Productivity one results in:

Can someone at Marketplace fix this so the Productivity beta app can be accessed?

Ryan

Like 0

10 comments

I was able to install all beta apps except for:

• Productivity
  • Knowledge Management

Those both produce the not authorized error in the marketplace. All others did install fine.

Ryan

Hello Ryan!

These apps are in the final stage of preparation before publishing and will be available on the Marketplace soon. Please get in touch with the support team if you need them as quickly as possible via zip files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nick Kostruba,

Thanks for the update. It's not urgent or anything. Just wanted to test things out. I'll wait for them to be available.

Ryan

Hello Ryan, I'm pleased to inform you that the Knowledge Management app is now available for download! Productivity is on the way.

Nick Kostruba,

Thanks!

@Ryan, are you on a demo account? Support mentioned I was unable to access these apps on development (or on a demo) until 10th August release date? 

Thanks!

Harry,

these can be installed in an 8.0.10 version. I am just using a trial system. You do have to enable a feature in order to be able to install these. It lists the feature name at the bottom of the release notes for 8.0.10. Once you’ve enabled the feature you go to the Application Hub and click add app and they will show there as available. When you click one it takes you directly to where it is on the marketplace, which is otherwise hidden.

Ryan

Harry,

Feature name is "CanInstallPrereleaseComposableApps". Once enabled in an 8.0.10 system you'll see this in the Application Hub when adding a new app: https://share.customerfx.com/Bluzz2p7

Clicking on one of those will take you to install it. 

However, really leads and opportunities are really the only ones ready for prime-time. Calling what is available a "beta" for some of them is a bit of a stretch at this point. At least it's good to see a start on those. 

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

How can we enable these beta apps? I am unable to find CanInstallPrereleaseComposableApps in System Settings or in Application Hub.

Syed Ali Hassan Shah,

The CanInstallPreReleaseComposableApps is a feature that must be enabled in the list of features (not a system setting). See this article. Basically, navigate to the features page, find the feature and turn it on:

• For Freedom UI: [CreatioURL]/0/Shell/#Section/AppFeature_ListPage
  • For Classic UI: [CreatioURL]/0/Nui/ViewModule.aspx#BaseSchemaModuleV2/FeaturesPage

Ryan

Show all comments