In database I have Order table and Product in Order Table. The Order table i have the same Order no but it not a same record because it order created a different day

Ex.

OrderNo : 0001 Created : 2022-01-21

OrderNo : 0001 Created : 2022-02-21

The problem is I cannot import Product in Order table data by match order no and date in Order table

How import data by excel file with same order no but different date and different record

Like 0

1 comments

Maybe you could create a single column in Creatio to store order number + date, then in the Excel file use a formula to append the values together and map that value to link to the order? 

Ryan

Show all comments

Hi Team,

I need help in automatic mapping of excel file fields with the creatio fields for the scenario as follows:

The fields of section are mapped while import if the titles of fields are same in both excel and creatio instance section. But in the case of linked fields, we have to manually map the fields. How can this mapping process be automated?

The field settlement party got mapped automatically as the field title is same in excel and in creatio. However, in case of the Risk Location, the field is in another section which is linked through the Claim ID lookup. Hence, had to be mapped manually.

please suggest a solution for how risk location can also be mapped automatically without user intervention.

Best Regards,

Sarika

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

As for now, there is no built-in functionality that allows binding columns while importing as Connected object -> column from this connected object automatically, since it can provoke more errors after the import. But we have a suggestion registered to our R&D team regarding this topic in the "Accepted" status so it is included in the plan to make the functionality better. I will also let them know about your request so to make the priority of the problem higher! Currently, you need to specify connections manually and there is no workaround for this functionality.

Thank you for helping us to make our application better!

Kind regards,

Mira

Show all comments

Hi all, 

Where can I add a template for future use in Data Import section

Thank you

File attachments
Like 0

1 comments

Hello Tyme,

The highlighted templates work with Duplicate parameters.

During the file import, at the third step, system offers you to "Specify the duplicates search rule for data import to the system", here you can select the columns which will be used to search for duplicates. Also, there you have an option to save these settings as a template:

If you check the corresponding checkbox and proceed with data import, you'll have an option to populate it's title:

During the next import, you'll have an option to select a duplicate search template by selecting it from the list at the stage of loading a file for import. This way you can apply the template to a new import.

Best regards,

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi Community,

Will it be possible to auto link the Contact/Account to Lead uploaded through Data import option. The unique ID of Contact /Account ID shall be used in bulk upload file for linking the contact/account.

Like 0

2 comments

Hello Suman,

Unfortunately, are no such basic tools for imported records/

The only way to achieve your business task is to create a new business process with a start signal with an event that should trigger the signal (Record added / Record modified).

Please note you should enable this business process before the import and disable it after.

Best regards,

Bogdan

Hello Boddan,

Thank you for your response. 

Show all comments

Hello everybody,

we created some import templates in our Dev Instance. Is there a way to transfer these templates from the DEV to the Productive Instance? So we can use the ready-made Excel templates there as well and would not have to rebuild the mapping.

Stefan

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Hello.

You can use the functionality "Binding data to the package".

To do this, you need to create a "Data" element in the "Configuration" section and bind the necessary data to the "FileImportTemplate" object.

Please find more information on your request in these Creatio articles:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/packages_basics/overview#title-2105-9

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/bind_data

Hello.

You can use the functionality "Binding data to the package".

To do this, you need to create a "Data" element in the "Configuration" section and bind the necessary data to the "FileImportTemplate" object.

Please find more information on your request in these Creatio articles:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/packages_basics/overview#title-2105-9

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/development_tools/packages/bind_data

Show all comments

We need to import lookup values in more than a language from an Excel file.

We have an Excel with two columns: Name (italian) and Name (english).

When we import from Excel the Name column goes into the "current language" lookup name but we want to import the names in two different languages (both active in Creatio) without duplicating them.

How can it be done?

Like 0

1 comments

Hi Massimiliano, 

You need to import values into two different objects. Let's take [Lookup] for example. 

When you import the values for the English culture, you can import directly into [ObjectName] (Lookup in our case) and can only have two columns: Id of the record and the actual Value. 

When you import the values for Italian Culture you need to import into Sys[ObjectName]Lcz ( SysLookupLcz in our case) and you need 3 columns: Id of the record - mapped to RecordId, CultureId and the Actual Value. 

Best regards,

Yurii.

Show all comments

Hi everyone, 

I'd like to automate a data Import from a FTP server using a business process, without downloading the file locally.

I also found this article (https://community.creatio.com/questions/how-automate-imports-ftp-locati…) , but the links have either been removed or deleted.

I would like to know whether it is possible to use C# code in a Script Task to store the data stream in RAM and eventually recover the data to import. 

Is it reasonable for a cloud- stored enviroment to handle this kind of process with CSV files of approx. 2 MB?

Like 1

3 comments

Hi Federica, 

Actually you are still capable to use OData with business task to achieve required implementation. You don't need to use Scheduler for this, so disregard these deleted links, I will give you fresh one , please take a look on the actual OData 4 link with guide how to set up the integration: 

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/10204500/SztHX5Qb?version=latest

Please also check out this link from Marketplace where you may find another solution for you task: 

https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/file-manager-creatio

here you may set up key features of needed requirements, so you can make "One click" implementation and it might be much easier for you.

Best Regards, 

Bogdan L. 

The .NET FtpWebRequest class can download a file to an in-memory stream (without actually saving the file anywhere) that you can then process from the stream. This could be used from a ScriptTask in a process etc

FtpWebRequest request =
    (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("ftp://ftp.example.com/path/file.txt");
request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "password");
request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile;

using (Stream stream = request.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())
using (StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(stream))
{
    while (!reader.EndOfStream)
    {
        string line = reader.ReadLine();
        // process the line as needed
    }
}

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

That's the script I'm running at the moment and it works!

Show all comments

Dear community,

How do you import data without creating any records? The main goal is to only update records.

Example:

We import a list of contacts with upated emails but it's possible that someone has changed their names. These people shouldn't be created in creatio but rather ignored. (matching column is name)

Is this possible and what's the best practice?

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

4 comments

Hello Yosef, 

Your request can be done properly in case you have 1 stable and unique column for records in the excel file and in a system as well.

Let’s imagine the following situation: 

You have an excel file that contains “Full name”, “Email” and (some kind of unique identifier) “Birth name/Birth time” column and other columns which we may disregard. And we save the conditions described in your message: you need to update the email address and you know that some Contact names are different from the one you have in a system (ex. Alex instead of Alexander). In order to perform the import, follow the steps below:

1.  Data import – Select the needed file – Where do you want the date imported to? – Contact – Next

2.  Specify column mapping between Excel file and the system: Full name – Full name; Email – Email; Birth time - Birth time. And un-press other columns in case no update is requested for them. 

3.  Specify the duplicates search rule for data import to the system.

Important! Here you should choose only your column with unique identifier (“Birth time”), so no duplicates will be created and the existing records will be updated with information from the file. And one more thing to mention, the “Full name” column will be updated along with the “Email” column as well, but as it’s same contact and based on your comments I can assume that it’s not an issue if the changes in name are minor and relevant (Alex instead of Alexander). 

You can consider this as an example, it can be applied to a very specific case as yours, described in detail, but I do understand that it’s a bit hard to apply to a very a general occasion. 

As of now there is no mechanism to make the system blind to the records with minor changes or implement a set of rules for AI to choose which records to ignore.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Anastasiia Zhuravel,

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for your reply but in this case people with the same birth time(?) will be considered as the same person I think.

And this doesn't cover contacts that never existed in the system before.

So another example would be:

- Creatio has 3 000 contacts

- Import file has 20 000 contacts

goal = Update 3 000 contacts without creating 17 000 other contacts

The only solution I can think of would be to export all contacts, make a match in excel and then import only the ones that matched. 

Kind regards,

Yosef

Dear Yosef, 

That’s why I have emphasized that the column chosen for “Duplicate search” should be stable and unique identifier for the records and yes, that’s the point of a Duplicate search - the records with same value in the column will be considered as the same record so it’ll prevent system from creating duplicates and the information in other columns will be simply updated. 

Based on your second example I would agree that the most appropriate way is first to “cut off” the irrelevant 17000 contacts and after that import only the needed records to the system to update the information.

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Anastasiia Zhuravel,

Hi,

I try importing data to Creatio, I checked the ID for the duplicate but I get an error - Row 117: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKM6wloFxzp2AiW27IF5551t48'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Product'.

why is this not modifying the record?

Thanks, Chani

Show all comments

Hi Community,

We have this situation where we have a detail with products, and each product has a cost, a price and quantity. These products are added through an Excel Import and we want to know how can we "tell" our page that the Excel Import has finished and we want to update this specific fields. Any idea on how to implement this.

The Screenshot_6 shows both fields and detail I mentioned above.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pinheiro

File attachments
Like 0

3 comments

Dear Pedro,

This business task can be implemented in several ways depending on the conditions of the task. You can either create a process that will be triggered on record modification or record adding and check if the record has a tag in with date like current date (since import creates a tag with the date and time) and change fields or you can read process log - if import process was started wait for some period of time and update all records with tag.

Best regards,

Angela

Angela Reyes,

I have tried to update my page using a process like you said but I'm facing the same issue. The process is not able to know whitch record page it needs to update. If I try to search by record modification or record adding it will generate problems in the future because it is possible for more than one user to import excel at the same time and each file imported has a lot of products.

Best regards,

Pedro Pinheiro

Pedro Pinheiro,

The easiest solution will be to import data using web-service instead of Import tool. The import process will never tell what data was imported - import tag is the only track that could show that records were imported. Import log contains more detailed information but it also does not contain information about import end.

Best regards,

Angela

Show all comments

I need to set a column value indicating if a lead was added during data import from Excel. I would like to avoid creating a column in the Excel file to do do. Is it possible?

Like 0

2 comments

Hello Ricardo,

There is no need to add columns in the application or in Excel file since if the record was created or modified via data import it gets unique tag that contains "Data import" part + date when this import was performed. In case CreatedOn of the record equals to ModifiedOn of the record and there is import tag on this record it means that the record was created using import from Excel. But if CreatedOn not equal to ModifiedOn and the record has import tag it means that the record was modified using data import.

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Great, Thanks !

Show all comments