Hi Community,

1. Is there an OOB set up to where we can fill in default assignee for cases registered from incoming emial? or do we need to create a custom business process?

2. What are the business processes involved in registering cases from incoming email?

Thank you

Like 0

2 comments

Hi Fulgen,

1. You can set us a default value for an 'Assignee' column of your object. Here is the example :

However, the object should be in the Custom package. You will not be able to set default values for the base objects.

2. The name of the business process which involved in registering cases from incoming email is Incoming email registration process

Best regards,

Bogdan

Thank you Bogdan, I need only to set default assignee for new cases registered from incoming email not the default assignee in general. Is there an OOB set up for this?

Show all comments

Hi Team,

I need to stop the contact creation when a new case is created from the landing page.

The below article helps in creating a case from the landing page.

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/elements_and_components/marketing_campaigns/web-to-case#case-1964

But at the same time I need to create only case and prevent from creating contact.

Any insight on this would be helpful!

Regards,

Bhoobalan P.

Like 0

3 comments

Hello,

It is not possible to disable contact creation. However, you can setup autofill of landing page fields that will help to avoid he duplicate contact records creation 

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/crm_tools/landing_pages_and_web_f…

Regards,

Dean

dean parrett,

Thanks for the response!

When the same case is created through email the following business process is triggered "Incoming email registration processwhere only the case got created (No contact creation).

What runs to create a Case in Creatio CRM site via the Landing page? and What triggers to create a contact when a case is created?

Regrads,

Bhoobalan Palanivelu.

Hello,

This logic is hardcoded and cannot be disabled without changing the records creation from web forms. It doesn't have anything in common with cases creation from emails. The above article is the solution to any web forms that may create duplicate records.

Regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Hi Team,

I have followed a below setup to register a case automatically  from emails.

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/service_tools/service_cases/case_settings/set_up_case_registration_from_emails_from_mailbox_alias

I configured a mail box and when a mail received, a new case is Created.

I see that this business process runs to send a notification when a case is created.

BP - Incoming email registration process 

when a case stage is changed, I noticed that this business process triggers 

BP - Send email to contact on case status change, this is linked to another Sub-Process BP - Send email to case contact.

Here, I would like to send the email only to the contact from whom a mail is received to Creatio CRM instance. All the CC has to be removed?

How to achieve this?

Scenario : MAIL Notification is sent only to the sender not to the people in CC

STEP 1 : support@MyCreatio.com ---> configured in Creatio CRM Instance

STEP 2 : A user (From : TestUser@Company.com , CC : TestUser1@Company.com, TestUser2@Company.com) sends a mail to support@MyCreatio.com asking for a clarification/request.

STEP 3 : A new case is created and a notification is sent to the user who created a request (i.e., From : Support@MyCreatio.com, TO :  TestUser@Company.com, CC : TestUser1@Company.com, TestUser2@Company.com).

Here, I want to remove the CC and the notification is sent only to  TestUser@Company.com from whom the request is created.

Please find the attached image below for reference,

Best Regards,

Bhoobalan P.

Like 0

4 comments

Hello Bhoonalan, 

Please enable Features CasesOnlyRespondToSender  and SendOnlyToContactEmail .  For MSSQL, use following script:

DECLARE @featureCode varchar(max) = 'Feature code',

@featureId uniqueidentifier;

set @featureId = (select top 1 Id from Feature where Code = @featureCode);

IF @featureId is null

BEGIN

insert into Feature

(Name, Code)

values

(@featureCode, @featureCode);

set @featureId = (select top 1 Id from Feature where Code = @featureCode);

END;

delete from AdminUnitFeatureState where FeatureId = @featureId;

insert into AdminUnitFeatureState

(SysAdminUnitId, FeatureState, FeatureId)

values

('A29A3BA5-4B0D-DE11-9A51-005056C00008', 1, @featureId);

This script enables the feature , or creates the feature if it's not created on your instance 

Also, please enable sysSetting AutoNotifyOnlyContact.

Best Regards,

Yurii.

Yurii Sokil,

Thanks for the response!

I ran this query but I couldn't find the following two codes casesOnlyRespondToSender  and SendOnlyToContactEmail  in Feature table & AdminUnitFeatureState.

Kindly help me with where can I find the mentioned field values?

1.CasesOnlyRespondToSender  

2.SendOnlyToContactEmail  

Dear Bhoobalan, 

If you cannot find this codes, it means that the record for that feature doesn't exist in the Feature Table. 

Using the query i provided you can update the feature if it exists, or create it if it doesn't. So in your case the query will look like this(i'll only show the relevant piece of code, please use the full query mentioned above) : 

DECLARE @featureCode varchar(max) = 'casesOnlyRespondToSender',

DECLARE @featureCode varchar(max) = 'SendOnlyToContactEmail ',

Best regards,

Yurii.

​​​​​​​

Yurii Sokil,

Great, Appreciate your assistance!

This helps and also can you please help me with reverting the changes to the previous or existing ones.

Show all comments

It would be nice to have the ability to review the comments people make on feed posts when looking at the timeline of the case. Currently you can only see the feed post on the timeline, to see if there are comments, you have to open the feed tab.

1 comments

Hello Mitch, 

Thank you for sharing this idea with us. 

We will register it for the responsible R&D team for the further consideration.

Kind regards,

Roman 

Show all comments

What is the best way to restrict a user from being able to put a Case in the closed status if there are tasks associated with the case that are in the not started status?

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Mitch,

You can set the activities on the DCM and make them required. Thus, the users will not be able to close a case.

Regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Hi Community,

We are trying to add send email in a case for each stage but after adding the "Record for macros” with the “[#Main record.id#] for one send email and for another stage when we create the same and add it the previous "Record for macros” value also is not available and the present one also.

Question : We are creating a case and it has many stages and in each stage we are trying to send email to the owner on the status . So we have added the “Send Email” and provided "Record for macros” with the “[#Main record.id#] and the same was added to the next stage also. but when we reopen the “Send email” the entered value for “"Record for macros” is not saved and while saving the case also it asks us to add it once again though we add and save it. The value doesn’t get saved and it is empty.

Like 0

1 comments

Hello Amritha!

Thank you for your question!

Please be advised that in order for the Macros to be executed as intended you may try adding a custom Macro to the HTML code of the [ HTML ] element of the Email template. You may find more information on it here: 

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/marketing_tools/email_marketing/e…

In addition, I would recommend checking if the Macros was set up accordingly to these Academy Articles below:

1. https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/marketing_tools/email_marketing/e…

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/bpm_tools/process_elements_refere…

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/user/bpm_tools/business_process_setup/…

In case you would want to add a Macro Handler you may find information on this subject here:

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/developer/front-end_development/creati…

Hope this would be useful!

Please do not hesitate to contact the Creatio Support team in case you have additional questions!

Regards,

Danyil

Show all comments

I recall in the past seeing documentation on this, but now I can't find it. In the cases section, there are several actions that result in a user following the feed for that case. For example, if they post a feed message on that case, if they are set as the assignee. Is that it? Are those the only two things that make a user default to following the case? Is there a comprehensive list of all the actions a user can do that will result in them automatically following the feed of a case?

Like 0

2 comments
Best reply

Dear Mitch, 

There are a few ways of getting subscribed to the case feed:

- If the user creates a record;

- If the user posts a message to the feed;

- If the user set as assignee to the case. 

- If the user subscribed to follow the feed manually in the action panel; 

This information will be added to our academy soon. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Dear Mitch, 

There are a few ways of getting subscribed to the case feed:

- If the user creates a record;

- If the user posts a message to the feed;

- If the user set as assignee to the case. 

- If the user subscribed to follow the feed manually in the action panel; 

This information will be added to our academy soon. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Roman Brown,

Thank you Roman. That is what I was looking for.

Show all comments

Is it possible to create an email template (email templates lookup) that has fixed attachments such as a ms word or ms excel file? For my use case this would be for emails being sent OUT of Creatio from a synced mailbox TO external customers who do not access Creatio, instead they just receive an email to their normal email service such as gmail or outlook. 

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Mitch,

Unfortunately, it cannot be done since email templates do not have required architecture for storing attachments. As a workaround, you can use this application: https://marketplace.creatio.com/template/send-email-attachments

Best regards,

Angela 

Show all comments

Users are receiving 2 notifications in the notification center when they should only be receiving one, for example when a new message is received on a case they are following.

I believe this is because there are two columns on the Notification object called "Created By", one is inherited from Base Object being the parent. Another one is named "Author" with the title "Created By"

I believe this object was set up like this out of the box, the package and schema is locked. So has anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions on how I can safely resolve it?

Like 0

0 comments
Show all comments

I've seen that when a case is automatically created upon receiving an email, the case "Source" field is "email".

I have several mailboxes used to create cases and I'd like to set different "source" values depending on the source mailbox (for example "email mailbox1", "email mailbox 2", ecc) to make statistics and better distinguish cases depending on the source mailbox that originated the case.

How can I configure the "source" field for a case depending on the mailbox that created it?

Like 0

1 comments

Hello Massimiliano, 

As an option, you can use a Category field for this purpose. 

You can specify names of mailboxes in this field by editing "Case categories" lookup. 

Please follow this academy article to find information on how to create a connection between Case Category and Mailbox the case has been registered from. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Show all comments