Hi Community!

I tried to import into the campaign table, but it doesn't work as expected.

I can see them in the campaign list, but when I open one of the imported records, the page is messed up (see screenshot 2021-09-17 15_31_03-Window.png).

The dev tools show errors as seen in screenshot Console Errors.png

I imported the following columns:

• Name
  • Status (as finished)
  • Startmode (manual)
  • Endmode (manual)
  • Owner

The import log showed the following error on every row, but the records were created none-the-less:

Row 51: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Any thoughts on what went wrong and how to import campaigns properly? Am I missing some fields? Do I have to create other records in related tables?

Thanks,

Robert

Like 0

5 comments
Best reply

So I got this working...kind of.

In the table CampaignType, the following two records are stored:

235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4    Campaign

389EB587-52D4-4AB6-B4AD-E7E2F0D62EAC    Campaign (old)

The problem is that imported campaigns will default to the wrong TypeId (type "Campaign (old)").

However, the Type lookup cannot be selected during the import, so I fixed it by updating the imported records directly via SQL with this simple script:

update Campaign
set TypeId = '235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4'
where TypeId <> '235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4'

Hope this helps someone and I also hope Creatio fixed this issue!

BR,

Robert

Hello Robert,

You can try fixing the campaign schema object bindings by running the following script:

update SysModuleEntity

set TypeColumnUId = '876C6749-2C05-4861-856E-EFD51B847904'

where SysEntitySchemaUId = '1F9BB71A-EB9C-4220-A40E-9B623EACFEC8'

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Max.

Max,

Hi Max,

thanks for the hint! Could you elaborate a little bit on what this script does? It's a production system so I don't want to risk too much ;)

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Pordes,

It will set the type for the campaigns section and should not affect the system in any negative way.

Best regards,

Max.

Max,

it was already set...any other tips?

Btw, manually created campaigns can be opened normally.

BR,

Robert

So I got this working...kind of.

In the table CampaignType, the following two records are stored:

235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4    Campaign

389EB587-52D4-4AB6-B4AD-E7E2F0D62EAC    Campaign (old)

The problem is that imported campaigns will default to the wrong TypeId (type "Campaign (old)").

However, the Type lookup cannot be selected during the import, so I fixed it by updating the imported records directly via SQL with this simple script:

update Campaign
set TypeId = '235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4'
where TypeId <> '235273BB-91CB-47FC-8A34-01F0002E38D4'

Hope this helps someone and I also hope Creatio fixed this issue!

BR,

Robert

Show all comments

Hi community,

I must move the marketing campaigns from one package to another. The versions of my customer's CRM is the 7.17.0 and they don't have this "move to another package" option, released after the 7.17.0 update. 

I tried to "Export" the element and then reimport it in the apposite package but it doesn't work because it imports it in the same package even if I select the new package and I change the current package in the system settings.

How can I achieve this without doing the update to the newest release ? I can't do it right now for a customer's point of view but I need to export some marketing campaigns from the current package to the custom package.

I'm almost sure that there is a command from the clio console but how can I find which element is the marketing campaign I want to move in my packages. Should I move only one element or are there other elements directly related to this marketing campaign ? Could you help me to try to find this out ? 

Thanks a lot !

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Jonathan,

As for now, there is no such OOTB functionality that will allow transferring marketing campaigns from one instance to another fully due to the way campaign elements are connected. You can try to bind them to the package but we cannot guarantee that campaign will work after transfer so we do not recommend doing it.

This is happening due to the fact that each system generates its own ID values for communication between campaign elements. So during migration to a new system, due to the uniqueness of these links for each campaign, conflicts arise due to which the campaign functionality can start working not properly after the migration (like in cases when the campaign contains additional elements).  On another hand, after transferring the campaign schema, you can perform correct data binding using SQL scripts. However, this is very detailed work, so the best option would be to re-create the campaign scheme in a new environment.

Our R&D team responsible for this functionality is already working on implementing this functionality in future releases. I will forward your case to the team in order to increase the importance of this functionality.

Best regards,

Roman

Show all comments

Hi Community,

Is there a way we can import data in Forecast?

Like 0

3 comments

Hello!

There is no way to import data to forecasts. This feature will be available in the nearest future versions.

As the workaround, if you have some data, for example opportunities, you can try to import them and perform required calculations in forecasts based on it.

Regards,

Dean

Hi Dean,

how can data from some Creatio table (opportunities or just a custom object) can be used as a source for target values for a forecast?

Regards,

Alex

Hello,

When creating the new tab you can select the necessary source entity:

Regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Dear community,

How do you import data without creating any records? The main goal is to only update records.

Example:

We import a list of contacts with upated emails but it's possible that someone has changed their names. These people shouldn't be created in creatio but rather ignored. (matching column is name)

Is this possible and what's the best practice?

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

4 comments

Hello Yosef, 

Your request can be done properly in case you have 1 stable and unique column for records in the excel file and in a system as well.

Let’s imagine the following situation: 

You have an excel file that contains “Full name”, “Email” and (some kind of unique identifier) “Birth name/Birth time” column and other columns which we may disregard. And we save the conditions described in your message: you need to update the email address and you know that some Contact names are different from the one you have in a system (ex. Alex instead of Alexander). In order to perform the import, follow the steps below:

1.  Data import – Select the needed file – Where do you want the date imported to? – Contact – Next

2.  Specify column mapping between Excel file and the system: Full name – Full name; Email – Email; Birth time - Birth time. And un-press other columns in case no update is requested for them. 

3.  Specify the duplicates search rule for data import to the system.

Important! Here you should choose only your column with unique identifier (“Birth time”), so no duplicates will be created and the existing records will be updated with information from the file. And one more thing to mention, the “Full name” column will be updated along with the “Email” column as well, but as it’s same contact and based on your comments I can assume that it’s not an issue if the changes in name are minor and relevant (Alex instead of Alexander). 

You can consider this as an example, it can be applied to a very specific case as yours, described in detail, but I do understand that it’s a bit hard to apply to a very a general occasion. 

As of now there is no mechanism to make the system blind to the records with minor changes or implement a set of rules for AI to choose which records to ignore.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Anastasiia Zhuravel,

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for your reply but in this case people with the same birth time(?) will be considered as the same person I think.

And this doesn't cover contacts that never existed in the system before.

So another example would be:

- Creatio has 3 000 contacts

- Import file has 20 000 contacts

goal = Update 3 000 contacts without creating 17 000 other contacts

The only solution I can think of would be to export all contacts, make a match in excel and then import only the ones that matched. 

Kind regards,

Yosef

Dear Yosef, 

That’s why I have emphasized that the column chosen for “Duplicate search” should be stable and unique identifier for the records and yes, that’s the point of a Duplicate search - the records with same value in the column will be considered as the same record so it’ll prevent system from creating duplicates and the information in other columns will be simply updated. 

Based on your second example I would agree that the most appropriate way is first to “cut off” the irrelevant 17000 contacts and after that import only the needed records to the system to update the information.

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Anastasiia Zhuravel,

Hi,

I try importing data to Creatio, I checked the ID for the duplicate but I get an error - Row 117: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKM6wloFxzp2AiW27IF5551t48'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Product'.

why is this not modifying the record?

Thanks, Chani

Show all comments

I have 2 environments of Creatio CRM full bundle.

I have created my package in environment 1 which has version 7.16.0. I have committed to SVN server. 

Now I have another environment environment 2 in which I want to install package from SVN repository but it has downgraded version 7.15.4.

The package has all custom objects. All the objects have very simple connections and it only depends on ProductCore package.

I want to know if it is possible to install this package to another Env 2 which has a downgraded version.

Like 0

2 comments

Dear Ramnath, 

We recommend to transfer packages between environments deployed on the same version of Creatio in order to avoid unexpected issues after or during the process. 

You can follow this update guide where updating process is described:

https://academy.creatio.com/documents/update-guide

Please update your second website to the same version as the first one before transferring any packages between them. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Hi Roman,

These both environments are demo environments. 

It is not possible to upgrade.

Show all comments

How can I do a mass import of image files for Contact records?

Like 0

5 comments

Dear Lisa,

Unfortunately, there is no option import images since they are stored in different table, not in Contact 

Theoretically, you can upload the images encoded to base64 format into the SysImage table and then populate the pictureid column of the product with the id of the corresponding image. This process might be time consuming and not convenient, since it should be done on the database level.

We will register the idea for our R&D team to develop such a functionality that would allow to upload images in more convenient and faster way.

Best regards,

Dean

Dean Parrett,

Any news about this feature?

Dear Daniel,

The mentioned development request was considered by the responsible R&D team but it's implementation was postponed due to the fact there are requests and plans with higher priority. 

I will add your comment to the created request so they could take a look on it again and consider the possibility of implementing it in the next upcoming releases. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Roman Brown,

Hi Roman. We have a similar use case where we need to migrate photos and going via the Database is not an option for us.

I was looking into the 0/ImageAPIService/upload which is used by the platform internally when a Contact photo is uploaded. Can we use this API to upload an image into the SysImage table?? Few related questions below - 

1. I notice a few query parameters - fileapi, totalFileLength, fileId and mimeType. If we were to replicate this request via code, Which of these are mandatory and which are optional? 

2. What does the query parameter "fileapi16123676529964" refer to? And what is that number??

3. Believe the unique Guid() for the SysImage record is generated on the client side and gets stored in the Id column in the SysImage table. Is this right?

M Shrikanth,

Hello,

Let's discuss this question in a separate community thread you've created here https://community.creatio.com/questions/import-photo-image-imageapiserv…

Best regards,

Oscar 

Show all comments

Hi Community,

Any idea how we can import data from excel to "Forecast by Customer". Thanks

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Fulgen,

Unfortunately, there is no functionality for data import of export in the forecasts section since it is based on multiple tables. Theoretically it might be possible to import the data into ForecastItemValue and ContactForecast however it is quite complicated to match all the data and map the columns correctly and we do not recommend doing that. We already had similar requests from different customers, therefore most likely this option will be available in the future application releases.

Best regards,

Dean

Thanks Dean,

What are the tables involved on this module? I am trying to insert data directly on the database.

Fulgen,

The tables that are used in Forecast module are: Forecast, ForecastColumn, ForecastCoulmnType, ForecastDimension, ForecastIndicator, ForecastItem, ForecastitemValue, ForecastRow and ForecastSheet. And as Dean mentioned - it will be very difficult to map all data between these tables and unfortunately there is no documentation on this topic. If you need to do that - you need to explore all connections between those tables and only after that you can start data import.

Best regards,

Oscar

Show all comments

How do I import a BPMN model in Studio (not the free version)?

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Bernhard,

Current functionality of BPM'online process designer allows to create diagrams based on this notation but it does not support export/import in BPMN format. We recommend using Studio Free for such purpose. 

Best regards,

Angela

Any update on this? Is there already the opportunity to export into bpmn in latest Creatio versions?

bpmonline sales enterprise & marketing & service enterprise

Yuriy Konstantinov,

Please, create a new process, click on Actions and "Select Import *.BPMN", see it on 

https://prnt.sc/XlgpOX3RU_Cp

Regards

Show all comments

Hi,

Due to the shared data structure between Projects and Project Tasks I am having some issues with the import process. I am just testing currently and importing around 30 tasks, with the full import to import several thousand.

During testing I found I needed a change in a mapped field and therefore my typical situation is to delete the previous import, make the adjustment and re-import.

However, I cannot find a way to list all of the project tasks to allow me to bulk delete. My concern is that if I encounter an issue when doing the full import I cannot roll back easily.

thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Like 0

5 comments

Dear Mark,

All imported records are marked with the import tag, thus you may create a process which will find all imported records and delete them with Delete element. 

Best regards,

Angela

Hi Angela

Thanks for your reply. I have been working through the various sections; Accounts, Opps, Contacts etc. performing data import testing, before we do our full CRM migration. As part of this process, sometimes I find issues with the import and will use the import tag to select the imported records, delete them and re-import once resolved data issue.

However, with Project Tasks I cannot find a clean listing display. It is OK if a project task is not associated with a Project, as that will be listed in the default Project list. Where a project task is associated with a project, it is therefore displayed within a Project in the Task detail tab.

I cannot find anywhere to list all project tasks by import tag to allow such a deletion. Does such a place exist?

thanks

Mark

Mark Roberts,

Project task is a record that can be found in project section. Basically, project ask is an entity of project. 

Best regards,

Angela

Hi

Thanks for your reply Angela. However, I still cannot see a way to list JUST the project tasks.

When I go to Projects, it is just projects displayed and not a list of project tasks. My issue is that when importing complex data, I need a way to undo that import if I find an issue with it and for all other areas I can simply use the tag to select the import data and delete all the records.

If you are able to provide a step by step way to list all project tasks, that would be great!

thanks

Mark Roberts,

You may create lookup based on object "Item of project task resources" to see them separately. 

Best regards,

Angela

Show all comments

Hi all,

Does someone knows how to import product image in the xlsx file ?

I tried the image URL, the image encode in base64...

thank you

Like 0

5 comments

Hello,

if we take a look at the table in DB where information on products is stored, you can see that the column which stores information on images is called "PictureId". This column takes information directly from "SysImage" table where all images are stored. The image itself is stored in "Data" column and it is stored as binary code there. Unfortunately there is no way to import data to SysImage table directly using data import tool. I will create a problem to our R&D team so to develop this functionality in future and I hope it will be implemented soon enough. As for now you need to update images manually via product page. Thank you for helping us to make our application better.

Best regards,

Oscar

thank you Oscar

Do you know how to encode Line feed in the excel import file for BPM multi-line fields ?

LÉZORAY Nicolas,

I ve got it, i replace line feed by <br/> in my SQL results, next in the xlsx file, i replace <br/> with ALT+010

LÉZORAY Nicolas,

Are you saving this into a standard field or the Notes field? When I did importing of data into the Notes field, it has never worked.

Mark Roberts, into the Notes Field it works

Show all comments