Hello community,

I am trying to get the organizational roles for a specific user. How to check if the role specified for that user is organizational? 

Like 0

1 comments

You can check the SysAdminUnitTypeValue. 

• Functional roles have a value of 6
  • Organizational units can have 0 (an organization) or 1 (a department/division in the organization)

If you need code to retrieve a user's roles they belong to, I have an article here with some code you can use https://customerfx.com/article/determining-if-a-user-has-a-specific-rol…

Ryan

Show all comments

Dear Team,

We have written a process to provide the access to a lead based on the owner selected. Attached, screenshot of the process [Access Provided to the Employee.jpg].

But the manager of the employee defined in the organizational structure and the manager above the employee in the structure are also able to edit the lead whereas they need to have only read only option as defined in the process.

Organizational Structure via screenshot

TopMost Manager.jpg

Manager’s Manager.jpg

Employee Manager.jpg

Employee.jpg

In the process, have mentioned only read and edit option to Employee and other roles [tied hardcoding to read only] but still they are able to edit the lead.

Are there any changes to be done in object permission? 

Thanks in advance!

Like 0

2 comments

Adding to the above question, noticed that access assigned record level to any records is not working as expected. Even if all the users are given only read access, still the users are able to edit the record in  7.18.5.1500 version

Amritha Mayan Gorky,

Hello, 

In our system Managers of a group inherit all the access rights of other users in this group. It's expected oob behavior and this logic cannot be overwritten with a business process, meaning that even if you remove the access rights with a help of business process, they will be granted on a system level.

As of now, such behavior cannot be changed with a help of basic system tools and require development. 

Also, we already have a corresponding query for our R&D team to implement the described functionality in the upcoming versions.

I will assign this case to the project in order to increase its priority.

Thank you for helping us to make our application better!

Best regards, 

Anastasiia

Show all comments

Hi Team,

We are trying to configure the organisational structure and need to understand how the hierarchy [access] will be passed on in the structure, whether the access/configured from higher level to lower level in the organisational structure or the opposite needs to be set up.

For example, consider the below structure for a bank from higher level to lower level.

GM’s

BM’s

HOPO’s

HOCO’s

RM’s

RO’s

We would like to understand on how the structure needs to be designed in the Organisation role page, so that the GM’s can view all the activity performed below his role and similarly the role below the GM’s can only get access to the role below them.

GM’s

BM’s

HOPO’s

HOCO’s

RM’s

RO’s

Do we design it in the above way, were GM division/organisation is created followed by the other division within the others.

For example,  we assigned one workspace to RO role and another workplace to RM. Ideally, the workplace associated to RO should be accessible to RM as they’re higher in level to RO’s but the opposite happens. The RO is able to view his/her workplace associated and also the work place associated to RM’s. Whereas the RM’s are able to view only their workplace but not the work place associated to the RO’s who are below in the organisational structure.

Or for example, say Ro’s have access to 10 contacts and RM’s have access to 10 different contacts but based on the above structure, RM’s should be able to see the 10 contacts associated to RO’s but it is not viewable but instead the RO’s are able to view the 10 contact associated to RM’s.

So, our confusion here is then the organisation structure design needs to be from lower level to higher level as 

RO’s

RM’s

HOCO’s

HOPO’s

BM’s

GM’s

By the above design, the GM’s will be ale to view all the values/access provided to the other roles and accordingly the other roles are able to view the respective roles above them.

Like 0

0 comments
Show all comments

Set up permissions:

a. Create 3 new roles: “Department employee”, “Financial controller”, “Department manager”.

b. Set up operation permissions in the object of the “Returns” section:

 Users with the “Department employee” role must have all permissions in the section, except for permission to delete records.

 Users of the “Financial controller” role have full access.

 The rest of the users only have permission to view data in the section

in this case i need to know the 3 roles that are need to be created are organizational roles or functional roles .

thanks

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Ibrahim, 

Could you please provide us with detailed information on your task?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Bogdan.

Bogdan,

it's a task in while I'm practicing and this is all info about the roles 

how could i know if these are organizational role or functional role

thanks

Dear Ibrahim Nour Eldin,

Please find the information about Functional roles and Organizational roles in our Creatio Academy.

Thank you for your post.

Best regards,

Bogdan.

Show all comments

Hi All,

I need to get the contact organizational role hierarchy, i.e., Parent roles of a Contact.

Like 0

3 comments

Hello!

The hierarchy can be set up in the Organizational roles section. Organizational roles are user groups that represent company units, departments, or subdivisions in the organizational structure. More detailed information can be found in the User management - Organizational roles Academy article. 

Otherwise, you can create a relationship diagram directly on the Contact page that will show all internal and external contact and account relationships as a chart. The relationships can be depicted with either a vertical hierarchy or a horizontal connection. Please take a look at the Relationships between accounts and contacts Academy article. 

Best regards, 

Olga.

Can we get this on server side using c#?

I Set up the organizational role hierarchy.

for example we have a field like RM on Lead page which is contact lookup and we need to get the organizational role hierarchy, i.e., Parent roles of a selected RM(contact lookup).

i.e., RM >> Branch Manager >> Cluster Head >> IBU Head.

Hi Yelda, 

In the SelectType parameters, indicate you choose parents or children.

This is enum : 

public enum HierarchicalSelectType

{

Children,

Parents

}

Best Regards, 

Bogdan L.

Show all comments

I've had a look at this documentation, which talks about creating Organizations and Divisions, but I cannot find anything on there or elsewhere which explains what the differences between these are in Creatio - as far as I can see they behave in the same way. Does anybody know what the differences are?

Like 0

2 comments

Im not sure about this. But what I understand is that if you have created an organisation role, then you can still create an organisation role under that. But if you have created a division, then you can create further divisions under that and not organisation.

Hello Harvey, 

In general, an answer provided by Krishna in the comment above is correct. 

Difference between these two types for the system is only in possibility of creating hierarchy from organizational role including other organizations. 

It was implemented for cases, when you have a few separate offices which have different structure so you could correctly configure each role and rights for it. 

In this case you could have 2 separate organizational roles for each office for which different divisions are configured. 

Kind regards,

Roman

Show all comments

Hi All,

i have a question regarding our client Organizational roles,

so basically we already have an organizational roles and based on this organizational roles and structure, we already setup our client object permissions.

so there are many existing lead and opportunity with this organizational access rights.

then our client decide to change their organizational roles, means we need to remove some of the organization and create a new one.

my question is:

whats gonna happened with our existing data? what happened with their access right?

IF some of the users will change from the old organization to the new organization, what will happened with their previous data?

thanks all,

hope someone can give me an advic, good day.

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Jordy,

If we are talking about the record permissions, then the users will not be able to see/edit/delete records if the role is deleted.

For example, I have a default Finance organizational role. The users who belong to it can see the contacts. If I delete Finance role, the correspondent role records from SysContactRight table will be also removed and as the result my users will not be able to see the contacts.

I'd suggest to create the new role firs, assign it to these users, update the records permissions after assigning the required rights and only then remove the old organizational role. It will prevent the users from loosing the ability to see/edit/delete the records.

Apart from that, you can test such actions on the website copy prior making any changes in the production environment.  

Regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Hi,

I am facing this use case to make a certain printable visible only for certain organizational role.

Is this functionality exists out of the box or it needs further java script coding?

Thanks

Like 2

8 comments

Hi Kavian,

theres something in the market palce we have used and works fine:

https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/opportunity-printables-filtering-ro…

rgds,

Luis

Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

Thanks, I will check it out

Hello,

You can simply activate records permissions for "Printable" object and specify read access rights for printables created by system administrators for each printable record separately. Once you activate records rights for printables you will get SysModuleReportRight table created in the database where you need to modify access rights for printables.

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Hi Oscar, is this valid for all objects? Can the same logic be applied to processes for example?

Cheers,

Luis

Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

Hello Luis,

As for business processes, we do not recommend changing access rights that are set by default in "Object permissions" section since processes are supposed to be accessed by all system users meaning that all system users can launch processes based on processes start signals. You can use "Operations permissions" section so to manage access level to business processes execution or management (operation permissions with "

CanManageProcessDesign", "CanRunBusinessProcesses" codes) or modify start signals of processes so to prevent processes execution for records that are not supposed to trigger processes.

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Hi Oscar,

When you say "modify access rights for printables" do you mean directly via sql or through another way?

Thanks,

Raz

Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

Hi, 

I see it is only for opportunities, is there something else for orders?

Oscar Dylan,

Hi, 

what do you mean when you say "modify access rights for printables", Can you give more details?

Thanks

Show all comments

Hello, 

Dear Community I've one question :

When adding data, the rights are added by default on "All employees", is it possible to change this group by default?

Like 0

4 comments

Dear Rocher,

There are no basic tools to achieve your business task. Even if you remove all employees role from the users list of role, he or she will still have it on the database level. This logic can only be changed with the development tools but we would not recommend to do it since  there  are a lot of application functions  associated with All employees role. Removing it from the users might lead to inappropriate application performance.

Best regards,

Dean

Dean Parrett,

Thanks a lot for your answer, but I'm curious (and on a demonstration platform) so, you said that is possible to change that by the development tools, where exactly can I change this group by default?

Best regards, 

Dear Rocher, 

You can try to update the default All employees role id associated with the user.For example, as you see the user doesn't have any roles selected http://prntscr.com/q26wjn, however she still has All employees on the database level. You would need to update the sysadminunitroleid with the id of required role  http://prntscr.com/q26ywo instead of All employees role id. I do not guarantee that it would help you to achieve your business task since we do not have any examples of any similar changes in the default roles logic. 

Best regards,

Dean

Dean Parrett,

Thanks for your answer, it is really nice of you! 

Best regards 

Show all comments

I would like to know how I can export and import the data I created in the Organization roles and fuctional roles. Thanks!

File attachments
Like 0

4 comments

Dear Marcelo, 

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to export or import data created in the Organization and Functional roles. We recommend setting the roles manually. 

Best regards, 

Olga. 

Thanks for the feedback. To migrate from one environment to another (Example DEV to PROD), has to be done manually? Thanks

Dear Marcelo, 

Yes, the best practice is to do it manually. 

Kind regards, 

Olga. 

Thanks Olga!

Show all comments