How can I send an email from a business process to a group of recipients who are in the same Organizational Unit?

For example, highlighted in the picture below I tried to make a process that sent an email to the contacts in the organizational role "Strategic Partner Support", however when the process ran, no email was sent. So instead I had to add individual contacts, but I am trying to avoid needing to update individual contacts in this process element as our employees come and go or change roles.

I also tried using a system setting, and added a organizational role to that system setting, but that did not send an email either. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this?

Like 0

2 comments

Unfortunately, there is no opportunity to send an email to the organizational role via a business process element "Send email".

However the functionality can be implemented. An idea is to use a script task element in order to select all contact emails which are included in the role. They are selected from the database via EntitySchemaQuery. Then join all selected emails into a string using ";" as separator. After that use the newly built string of emails as an email for sending.

The basic business process "Send email to case group" works in the same way. Please feel free to use the business process as an example. I recommend you to copy the process, change conditions for launching according to your purpose and change an email template. Pay attention to the script task element "Prepare Recipient Emails".

Show all comments

Hi,

Am I able to send an email to all users that exist within the one user group (organisational role):

I have created the following process and need to update the 'To' field:

Like 0

2 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to put "Functional role" as a value of "To" field of the "Send Email" process element using user tools. Our R&D team already working on adding this functionality, there is no ETA yet, however. You may build your process analogically to the "Send email to case group" base process that sends email to a group of people using script task.

Here is also another solution that can fit your needs: you can specify one recipient in "To" field in the business process "Send email" element and on mail-server side you can setup filters which will transfer notification emails to some specific folder and then mail-server can transfer all emails sent to this folder to other mailboxes. And it will fit your business target. But I will notify our R&D team about your request and ask them to raise the priority of the problem.

Best regards,

Oscar

1) Create a section to maintain a temporary contact list.

2) Add the contacts to the temporary list.

3) Loop through the list, deleting a contact from the temporary list after you email them.

Show all comments

I'm trying to limit the selection of a person by their organizational role.  Contact and Employee sections don't surface the roles associated with the user. Trying to assign the User in roles or similar lookup generates the error, "Property 'Displayed value' is not set in the selected lookup. You cannot select values from this lookup without this property. Set this property in 'Advanced settings' section and try again."  How do you filter a Lookup column in an Edit page to only display contacts or users with a specific organizational or functional role?

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Janine,

It is not possible to display the user's roles on his contact page. However, if you need to filter the contacts by their roles, as a workaround you can make up the following filter in the section - http://prntscr.com/n0zv8p

You can also modify the highlighted part and choose the required roles that will be displayed.

Best regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Enable drag and drop or list sorting and in/outdenting to reorganize Organizational roles and Functional roles.  This will enable easily correcting mistakes in the the structure and implementing changes due to changes in a company structure.

1 comments

Dear Janine,

Thank you for this idea! We do have this problem of creating of graphical hierarchy of roles so to make the process of modification much more easier and quicker registered for our R&D team and deploying of such logic is planned for one of future versions. Your idea raised the priority of this problem and we can hope seeing this functionality in one of nearest versions! Thank you for helping us to make our application better!

As for now changing of roles on code level is to risky and demands changes in core, so lets wait for an update from our R&D team.

Best regards,

Oscar

Show all comments

We're setting up our functional and organizational roles and have a growing company.  How can I change the hierarchy of organizational and functional roles without deleting and recreating the roles? If I delete a role, how will that affect the processes that reference it?

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Janine,

First of all please don't delete "All employees" and "System adminsitrators" roles from the application, because they are essential for correct work of the system. Also we don't recommend deleting of roles, just rename them if you have a need to do it (just open roles tree and use a role you need to rename and after that you will be able to do that in this field http://prntscr.com/mwg2ct). If you delete a role then you will need to find all processes where it is used and add newly created role. In other words - if you delete a role that is used somewhere then it will prevent processes from being executed. Please rename available roles or create your new ones. Meanwhile we have a problem registered for our R&D team about displaying of roles and creating of ways to easy delete them if it is needed. I will notify them about your request so to raise the priority of this problem. Thank you for helping us to make our application better!

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Renaming a role doesn't work when the role needs to be in a different location in the hierarchy.  I would want the processes to fail and need to be updated if the wrong people are being assigned to roles.

Janine White,

Then please create a separate role that you need to use and find all processes where you used the previous role and update the business process so to use newly created role. This is the only way how it can be done now.

Show all comments

I need to edit organizational roles and show some additional fields in its page. can we do this by replacing object ? or what is the best approach and how can we do it?

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Ayman,

Unfortunately as for now there is no possibility to change the org.role page with the help of out-of-the-box tools of the application and we do have a correspondent problem registered on our side.

As for now theoretically the only one way to change them is with the help of the replacing object, but we should warn you that it is risky to do, because roles like "All employees" and "System administrators" are used almost everywhere in the application and making some changes to them can lead to some new errors. Actually we don't recommend performing changes to this object, but if you want to try - please use dev-instance or local instance.

Best regards,

Oscar

Show all comments

Hi there, how are you? Hope you are doing well.

I need some help with this scenario:

Org Roles (City roles):

•    Boston

•    San Diego

•    Miami

Each user in Boston role can Access to the Boston accounts with columns limitations : no view Web, Phone and Numbers of employee [this configuration by columns permissions]

Each account can have multiple owners that manages the account and should be able to view all the information of the account including web, phone and number of employee.

how can permits be combined?

Example:

•    Account 1 

o    City: Boston

o    Owner: user 1 and user 2

•    Account 2

o    City: Boston

o    Owner: user 3

user 1, user 2 and user 3  has the role Boston , because they need to access all the account for Boston (Account 1 and Account 2) excepts the columns Web, Phone and Numbers of employee. 

How can I make user 1 and user 2, in the case of account 1, see it completely as the owners? I tried to assign explicit permission to Account 1 for user 1 and user 2, but same results the user can access the account but the columns web, phone and numbers of employee not appear.

We cannot do by code because this is an example but in a real scenario we need to apply this to multiple entitys with a lot of columns configuration.

We need to resolve this permission settings by security configuration.

Thank you

Kind regards

Like 0

2 comments

Dear Uriel, 

You would need to create separate Business rules that would make field visible if the user that want's to see it is the owner of the record. Here is the example of such rule: https://prnt.sc/kwdeex. Access rights would not be applicable in this case. 

Best regards, 

Dennis 

Thank you @Dennis

Show all comments

Hi Community!

How are you? I hope you can help me!

I have configured in Account two lookup fields with "VwSysRole" as dictionary to associate roles with the account

but after adding them, I can not update the entity (BD), it throws an error.

However, I have a business process that takes those values ​​as parameters to set Access Rights in certain situations, and that works correctly. For example, when an account is added

How could you update the DB or what dictionary could I set in those fields to be able to associate the roles with the account without generating inconsistencies in the DB?

King Regards,

Ezequiel

Like 0

1 comments

Unfortunately you will not be able to create a field linked to the VwSysRole view in the account object. VwSysRole is not a table. It's a view and it doesn't allow all of the operations that you can do with a table. 

Additionally, account is a unit that is not related to the system roles. Simply, you can't login with an account. Even contacts are not linked to system roles directly. 

Only admin units that you can find in the system section "System users" are linked to roles directly. Basically, when the system decides what permissions you should have, the system looks at the login credentials that you used and it doesn't look at your contact or an account.

Show all comments

Hi!

How are you?

I hope can you help me!

I have a permission in Employees where the records created by "Operator Arcor" (Organizational Role) can only be seen by someone from that Role or a Supervisor

When I create an employee with the "Supervisor" user, I want to modify the "Created By" field to set it to the Contact of a user of "Operador Arcor" role, and in that way, to see that record within that role.

To do that, I create a business process where I modify this field if it was created by the Supervisor, but for some reason I do not see the record in the Employees section when I log in with a user of that role

am I still missing something more in the process?

The fields that I update are "Created By" and "Owner".

The same test with Contact instead of Employee works ... That is, I can see the contacts with some user of the role "operator Arcor", where the field Created By was set through the business process

King Regards!

Ezequiel!

Like 0

1 comments

Dear Ezequiel,

The default access rights for the record are distributed while the creation process. In other words, when you change the owner or the created by filed using a business process, the rights won't be re-distributed.

In your case, you just need to add the [Change access rights] element after you change the owner and the author of the record to redistribute the rights to the corresponding users. The more detailed info about this element: https://academy.bpmonline.com/documents/technic-bpms/7-11/change-access-rights-process-item

Best regards,

Lily

Show all comments