Hi,

I've installed aspose pdf connector and it worked just fine :)

I managed to create pdf printables.

A few days ago it stopped working and the printables are not being created in pdf but only in docx.

The only thing that was changed is the the application was upgraded to 7.17.

I would love having some advice.

Thanks,

Raz

Like 0

8 comments

Hi Raz,

Please specify your current Creatio version: is it 7.17.0 or 7.17.1?

It will enable us to identify the reason for your issue.

Thank you

Svetlana Kobizka,

Thank you

Hi Raz,

Could you please check the below points and let us know about the results:

1. Make sure the 'Convert to PDF' checkbox is not cleared for the selected printables in the 'Printables' lookup.

2. Open the Aspose personal page and make sure the corresponding conversion requests from Creatio for the relevant period are available.

Thank you for your feedback!

Checked

It's very strange I have an active user, but I can't find the link to the dashboard where I see the log requests.

Can you share it with me?

By the way, the last time I checked (When I opened this discussion) I didn't see the request from creatio where at the beginning, i.e. directly after the installation I did.

Ps:

- I still have a free acount there.

- The only thing that have changed is the creatio release.

Hi Raz,

Here is the dashboard link: https://dashboard.aspose.cloud/billing/api-usage/. If you find no requests here, please double-check if the values in the corresponding system settings are correct and have a look if there are any errors in the console when generating PDF printables. If there are, please send us the error details.

What do you mean by "errors in the console"?

Hi Raz,

We are referring to error messages in the browser console. Here is an example screenshot:

No description available.

The error (not relevant to the Aspose connector) is in red.

Try generating a printable with the browser console open. Should any error messages appear, please send them to us.

Show all comments

Hello, Community 

We have requirement to generate Report in pdf format.

I have searched also connect with the Creatio support team. And I found Marketplace Application as link below.

https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/asposepdf-connector-creatio 

But unfortunately to use this on  big scale we need to buy Subscription.

So I want to know there is any other way to achieve our goal? Like development or creating custom script to generate to convert Docx to PDF.

If there is please do let me know.

Like 2

7 comments

Hello Meet!

Unfortunately, this marketplace feature is available only via subscriptions. This tool is the only one that can provide PDF export without any development required.

The second option that we can recommend is setting up Fast Reports. Please navigate by this link below. In addition, please note that setting up Fast Reports requires minimum development skills.

https://academy.creatio.com/documents/technic-sdk/7-15/setting-reports-…

Hope this helps!

Thank you! 

Hi Danyil,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this is clearly one of the few features that Creatio has "desaccelareted".

There was relatively simple way to implement this with the "convert to PDF" option.

We have won projects were we assumed that this feature would be available and after several requests from many users it is still not implemented.

Fast reports has a really long learning curve and the effort cannot be compared to the simple convert to pdf feature that was available before.

There is still and open answer from Oscar Feb 2020 on this thread:

https://community.creatio.com/questions/convert-pdf

"Currently our R&D team is working on implementation of this feature in an out-of-the-box version and we hope that it will return back very soon. We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused."

Do you have an ETA for this? is it still in the development pipeline?

Thanks

Luis

Since 2019 this feature was removed from Creatio. It is an urgent MUST HAVE!

Hello Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

Please be advised that starting from version 7.14.2, the ability to download printable forms in PDF format has been excluded from Creatio.

Please note that customers who are upgrading from previous versions of Creatio which had Aspose components in their system available will have the print to PDF feature working as before.

Our R&D team is informed on this case and they are doing their best to ensure that the upload forms in PDF format will be present in future releases.

I am sorry to say, but I have no possible ETA on this feature being implemented in future updates.

As a workaround, for those users, who need the information from the forms un-editable for other users upon download, I may recommend a printable Word template with limited access using a password to perform changes to the file.

This will ensure that no one would be able to change the Word file without knowing the password.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your questions, 

Have a great day!

Hi Danyil,

Thanks for the reply and the sugestion on the word with password workaround but unfortunately it does not help a lot.

The expectation from our customers is to have this "basic" feature on the core of the product and not throw some paid add-on.

And our expectation, taking in to consideration that there thread going back one year ago that this is in the development pipeline, is that this feature would be available by now.

So please, I have to insist, what is the expectation for this feature to be implemented? We really need a concrete answer.

Thanks,

Luis

Luis Tinoco Azevedo,

Thank you for your sincere concerns regarding this matter!

Please note that Creatio had to remove the 'generate to PDF' feature from the platform as the Aspose library is provided only via subscriptions.

I have contacted our Product Owner questioning the implementation`s ETA of this feature. 

Please be informed that this process is of great concern on our end and it is currently in development. I would be able to provide the exact ETA in several weeks.

Thank you for your comprehension!

Hope you have a great day!

Danyil

Thanks for the feedback and for checking, I'll be looking forward to hearing some positive news from your side.

Cheers,

Luis

Show all comments

Hi,

I am using the "Save Printable" business process element ('Save printable' process element | Creatio Marketplace) to create a printable and attach it to an Order as a PDF, but instead, it always creates a word document. Here is a video to show the issue: https://www.screenpresso.com/=q6LEd

The process runs with no errors, but instead of creating the PDF, it creates a Word doc.

Is there a missing parameter here or something that needs to be set to generate the document in the format needed?

Like 0

3 comments
Best reply

I am not certain but there was an update from Creatio last year that removed the PDF function from Printables. Already existing Printables were still able to be converted to PDF, but new printables would not be able to. I am not sure if the Marketplace addon uses a distinct function to convert to PDF or uses what Creatio was using. I have used this element before and it worked but the Printable object may have been created before the Creatio patch that changed this function. 

I am not certain but there was an update from Creatio last year that removed the PDF function from Printables. Already existing Printables were still able to be converted to PDF, but new printables would not be able to. I am not sure if the Marketplace addon uses a distinct function to convert to PDF or uses what Creatio was using. I have used this element before and it worked but the Printable object may have been created before the Creatio patch that changed this function. 

Hello Rommel, Reid,

The “Save Printable” business process element uses the base functionality for generating printables.

Reid is absolutely right that Creatio products enable generating only the .docx files at the moment. The same refers to the add-on.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day!

Hello,

Any alternative to convert the word document to PDF or any fix to use the "Save Printable" business process element only for the conversion for the latest Creatio version?

Show all comments

Hello,

Is there any way for creating a PDF from a printable? I need something to perform the function since it was pulled from the out of the box features for bpm'onine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0

22 comments

Hello Kevin,

Starting from 7.14.2 version the functionality of PDF-convertation was excluded from an out-of-the-box features list. All clients that are updating between versions and already use such a feature in their printables have this feature being available.

Currently our R&D team is working on implementation of this feature in an out-of-the-box version and we hope that it will return back very soon. We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,

Oscar

Are there any updates on the PDF-printables?

Julius,

Unfortuantely there is no update regarding PDF-convertation in Word Printables, but the functionality of PDF-convertation is available in Fast Reports new feature added in 7.15.3 version. You can read more about it here.

Best regards,

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

Please add this feature quickly.

We have new projects and we can't explain how sucha a basic functionality is not availabe.

And to develop Fast Reports is not the same as a simple Printable.

Regards,

Luis

This was a handy feature. Fast Reports are not easy to build.

KrishnaPrasad,

I agree.  There is nothing FAST about Fast Reports.

This feature is really difficult to implement> I cannot make changes in each and every line if there is any new fields need to be added to printable. 

fast Report - Convert into the pdf is not working for me.

can you provide any other alternative way.

Any feedback on this Oscar:

"Currently our R&D team is working on implementation of this feature in an out-of-the-box version and we hope that it will return back very soon. We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused."?

Thks

Luis

Hi Team,

Is there any update in the latest version 7.18.1, still we don't have the option to "Convert to PDF" OOB in the printable section. Is there any alternative other than using Fast Reports?

I would like to know if there is a way to force the convertion to PDF in the last versions

Hi Creatio,

2 years into this request, any news regarding this point?

I (and many others in this thread, it seems to be the most popular request in the community) are waiting for a long time for this.

Fast Reports is really a lot of work to setup and to maintain/ introduce minor changes.

Hopefully it is one of the surprise features of the freedom release.

Thanks,

Luis

Luis Tinoco Azevedo, Use protected Word files (.docx) in the meantime. It's better than .pdfs in my opinion. But yes. I know, many customers like .pdfs since they're familiar

Hi Team,

Creation has moved to freedom version and still we don't have the option to "Convert to PDF" OOB in the printable section. Is there any alternative other than using Fast Reports? And the previous "Save Printable" business process element also doesn't seem to work for the latest version and document saves as Word doc. ?

Julius,

How do we use protected word files in this case?

Can you please describe the steps in detail?

How to use it in Creatio printables?

Hi Team,

We keep struggling with our customer for an option to convert printables to PDF. Will it ever be possible, as it was in the past? 

Julius,

Can you please detail?

Hello, some news regarding to generate PDF reports in Creatio, from 2019 we are waiting to can create pdf reports again, some news is this

on the R&D backlog?

Hello,

This functionality is implemented in one of the apps in the Creatio Marketplace: Aspose.PDF connector for Creatio

Serhii Parfentiev,

Not usefull, before 2019 is was available free, aspose connector requires pay a license/service :-(

Creatio proimise here it was working on it to get it available again, see the comment of @Oleg Drobinaon oct 2019 in this post: "

Hello Kevin,

Starting from 7.14.2 version the functionality of PDF-convertation was excluded from an out-of-the-box features list. All clients that are updating between versions and already use such a feature in their printables have this feature being available.

Currently our R&D team is working on implementation of this feature in an out-of-the-box version and we hope that it will return back very soon. We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,"

Serhii Parfentiev,

This answer is not acceptable. It's not a nice to have. Is something every small app contains. As Creatio use too... come on... 5 years???

Yep, time to get this back, and soon.

PDF exports + also the ability to schedule emails reports with attached excel & pdf (not Word), in an easy way for end users (not with business process, which is already advanced for most business users) , helps are clients to respond to their management's requests. 

Today these features that exist in most of the other tools are inexistent as OOTB features (not an addon or with code) .... which should nowadays be a hygiene factor.

Show all comments

Good day. I have a big task, and the last part is sending the document through a web service.

Generally speaking, I need to send not only a document, but an array of objects, among which there are documents. Documents will be in PDF format.

As I could see, the "Content type" field is protected from changes and is always JSON.

Is there any simple (or at least some) way to accomplish the task sent to me?

I have an example of performing this task in Java and there the document is loaded into the stream and then passed as an attribute ContentReference, but I do not understand how to implement this in bpm'online ..

Like 0

3 comments

It's hard to understand where you want to send the document from. From bpm'online to a third party, or vise versa. If it's from bpm'online please do that via c# in a Script task in a business process. If it's vise versa, please use the same web service that we call when we add a new file to a "File" detail. Please use Fiddler in order to find the service name. 

Eugene Podkovka,

Thank you very much, I finally realized that I had to do this through C# in the Script task, but now I have another problem.

I found a code (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17027159/how-send-a-pdf-by-post-htt…) that converts the PDF file into bytes and sends them via HttpWebRequest, but I don’t know how to get a document file.

I mean, the Server.MapPath method is used in this example, but I cannot do this. I only know that this document should be on the "Attachments and notes" tab in Contact. Is there a way to get a link to the desired document (by name, etc.) Or use the MapPath function?

I am also trying to figure out how to attach more data than just a file, because the file is just one of them. The following is the complete structure:

If you have any suggestions or tips, please, help me.

Dear Pavlo,

Please note that all documents are saved in the database in the appropriate table. For example, documents from the “Attachments and notes” tab from the Contact section are saved in the “ContactFile” table and have the object name “Contact attachment”. Therefore, it’s possible to read it like ordinary data from the database.

Please note that the column with data of the document has name “Data” and type “varbinary(max)”. In order to read data from the database please use “Read data” element of business process or use ESQ in the code of the Script task element.

Please find more detail instructions about reading and using data in the Script task element from the link below:

https://community.bpmonline.com/questions/how-read-entity-lookup-column-script-task

Best regards,

Norton

Show all comments